Want to join the Secret NYC team?
We're looking for a talented staff writer to cover the best things to do in New York City, for our Secret NYC website.
Fever & the Secret Media Network were founded to help people find the most exciting things to do in their city. We started in Spain, & have grown fast: were now in London, Manchester, New York, Los Angeles, Paris, Madrid, Lisbon & many other cities across Europe, with more on the way!
Here in the US, Secret NYC shares content with over half a million social followers, bringing them the most intriguing & unmissable things to do in the city each day. We're here to challenge incumbents, shake up the status quo & become the #1 brand for going-out content in the city.
About the role
Your responsibilities will include:
- Finding brilliant stories & generating tons of article ideas
- Writing engaging, informative articles about things to do in New York
- Creating appealing content on behalf of our commercial partners
- Scheduling social posts & managing content calendars
- Driving innovation & excellence for our brand & coming up with our next big things
You'll be based in our office in Soho (it's a WeWork with all the attendant perks) & it's a full-time, Mon-Fri type of role. There's also plenty of opportunities to get out & try the best new things in New York!
We're looking for someone who has...
- At least a year of digital journalism experience, with published examples of work we can look at
- A vivacious command of the written word, with a warm & witty tone of voice
- Pace & discipline, able to deliver work quickly & to deadline
- Excellent news sense, with a natural instinct for finding stories that people want to read (and share with their friends!)
- A solid understanding of the digital publishing landscape including social media channels, SEO & industry trends
- A passion for all things NYC, especially food & drink, arts & culture, going places & doing new things!
- A confident handle on tech someone able to jump from Wordpress to Google Analytics to Photoshop, using the tools available to improve their work
- A delightful & determined attitude: someone who's prepared to get stuck in on whatever needs doing, big or small, & who's ready to take on the competition but have fun at the same time.
The application process
We'd like someone to start as soon as possible, so we recommend applying at the earliest opportunity, as recruitment will close once as soon as we have the right slate of candidates.
Our application process includes a telephone interview, general aptitude test, written test where necessary, & in-person interview.
To apply, please send your CV along with a covering letter that explains why you'd be a great fit for the role, along with links to any relevant previous work.