Breather helps businesses grow with private, modern workspace available for any duration of time, & on completely flexible terms. Our network of 500 spaces spans across 10 markets including New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles & London, powered by in-house tech allowing anyone to instantly unlock space anywhere.
Our mission is to empower businesses with access to productive space that grows as they do. With over 10,000+ clients & the support of leading tech & real estate investors, were already well on our way & we want your help to reach the next step of the journey.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Finance team to handle the core accounting responsibilities at Breather. As a member of the Breather Finance team, you know your accounting principles inside & out, youll review, analyze & interpret data to ensure the highest of data quality for our financial reporting & youll help the team solve complex problems as we scale the business. Youre a team player who enjoys collaboration, you have the ability to create & advocate for best practices & you have an incredible attention to detail.
As a Senior Accountant at Breather, you will:
- Report directly to the Head of Accounting
- Meet Breathers monthly close deadlines
- Prepare month end journal entries for our global business
- Prepare account analysis & reconciliation on a timely basis
- Prepare month end financial reporting
- Analyze general ledger activity on a consistent basis to ensure transactions are categorized properly
- Provide support to finance management & other internal customers as needs arise, including ad-hoc financial analysis & special projects
Helpful Skills & Experience youll need to succeed:
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- Public accounting experience & CPA required
- Strong knowledge of IFRS preferred (specifically IFRS 16)
- Experience communicating accounting issues & determinations to senior level managers
- NetSuite experience
- Strong excel skills
- Ability to learn quickly & apply accounting guidance to new & varied types of transactions
What We Value
At Breather, our company values are not only the principles that link us together in the way we work, but they also keep us aligned on the same path, all working towards connected goals. These standards are what guide us on our collective journey through space(s).
Perks & Benefits
We hope that you're excited by all the possibilities that come with working at Breather! In addition to our unique culture, we also offer these fun perks & benefits:
- Be part of a well-funded, proven startup with big ambitions, competitive salary & company options
- Work when you want, where you want, with the tools you want
- Company-funded travel to conferences & professional development events that interest you & benefit your career growth
- Access to comprehensive medical, vision, & dental coverage. Oh, & its on us
- Free access to the Breather network of over 400 spaces (and growing, fast!)
- Dog friendly office - bring your dog to work, theyll find plenty of friends waiting to play with them!
- A great referral program - good people know good people!