About the role:
The Director of Hospitality will set the foundation & drive the vision of what hospitality means for Dig Inn starting with our first full service restaurant, Corner Dig.You will design an exceptional front of house model that blends the line between culinary & service which will provide an unforgettable experience for guests at Corner Dig & beyond.
Were looking for someone that cherishes places that are familiar yet new. And, understands how appearing effortless requires exquisite attention to detail. You know your regulars by name, but can also recognize the critic in the room. Youre the type of person that thinks about life in moments & experiences. This role reports into the Chief Culinary Officer.
BUILD & DEVELOP:
- DIG Hospitality standards to be implemented across all restaurants & markets starting with Corner DIG.
- A best-in-class beverage program for Corner DIG.
- New touch-points & personalized moments for our guests journey that can be scalable across every DIG location & build our brand.
- A hospitality service audit to ensure follow-through.
- With the Culinary team to ensure our restaurant teams are knowledgeable on special promotions & menu offerings.
- With the Marketing & Creative team to ensure a consistent, high quality food & hospitality experience for all partnership & activation events.
TRAIN & SUPPORT:
- Our leaders & teams to embody a guest first mindset.
- Front of house operations to ensure a clean & comfortable atmosphere for our guests.
- The food & beverage service when in the restaurants.
- 5-7 years restaurant management experience in a high volume, fine dining, & critically acclaimed setting with a growth history in FOH roles.
- An infectious energy. You love to make every experience special.
- A people focused mentality. Guest service & employee experience are your two favorite things & use every moment as a coaching & training opportunity.
- A clearly demonstrated ability to be innovative, creative, & able to think outside the box.
- The ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- The ability to focus attention on guest needs & details, remaining calm & courteous at all times. You stress the little things.
- A pulse & opinion on whats relevant in the industry from best restaurant trends to future state of hospitality.
- Experience developing a best-in-class beverage program, highly preferred.
- A team player attitude with proven coaching abilities.
- A passion for real good food.
Work perks: Aside from the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Macbook laptop
- Flexible vacation time
- Phone reimbursement
- Equinox gym membership, based on eligibility
- Commuter benefits
- Bonus potential
- A (hypo-allergenic) dog friendly HQ (theyre amazing stress-relievers)
- Complimentary Dig Inn lunch everyday
Dig Inn is a farm-to-table food company with over 20 locations in New York & the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables & culinary comfort food on an urban scale. The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity & ambitious innovation, finding & implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, & farmers alike. Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission building kitchens, training chefs, & developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities & use the platform weve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, & the business of food. And did we mention free Dig Inn for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.