BuzzFeed is looking for a passionate Lead Video Producer with a deep knowledge of video production, social media, & the internet to create compelling videos for our YouTube channels. Reporting to the Supervising Producer, you will drive all aspects of production, from conception to release.
You'll ensure the content produced is creatively on-brand for BuzzFeed, delivering on our measures of success, & collaborate with appropriate parties to keep video execution within budget. You'll be diplomatic, solutions-oriented, & professional in high-pressure situations.
- Write pitches & treatments for new series that will generate massive engagement from BuzzFeed audiences
- Drive all aspects of production, including producing, directing, editing, & managing those aspects of the process when working with freelancers
- Produce an average of 1 video per week for BuzzFeeds flagship YouTube channels
- Use data insights to create content ideas that align with BuzzFeeds best practices
- Ensure the production of all your projects come in on time & within budget while maintaining BuzzFeeds high creative standards
- Work closely with the Supervising & Executive Producers to expand BuzzFeeds product offerings
- 5 or more years of video production experience
- A passion for digital media, & experience creating short-form content for social platforms
- Experience managing big-budget as well as low-touch videos that have many moving parts
- The ability to expertly explain ideas & creative vision in a compelling way
- The ability to prioritize & delegate tasks accordingly
- A collaborative & patient mindset
- A firm understanding of production budgets & product margins
- A deep understanding of virality & shareability on all social platforms, including emerging platforms
- Thorough knowledge of BuzzFeed as a brand & ability to speak to its voice & best practices.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment.
As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
- A generous & diverse benefits program featuring PTO & unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company, delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion & humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, youll collaborate with inspiring colleagues to create technology & content that helps connect people all over the world.