Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Mailchimps Engineering Operations team is responsible for building out & scaling Mailchimps infrastructure & tooling, as well as provisioning, configuring, & monitoring the services in our datacenters. Team members often work closely with our Product, Operations, Legal, & Data teams to provide the infrastructure needed to move the company & our products forward.
Listening hard & changing fast means that were working on lots of cool things. Were looking for a Project Manager to help us get those things done. The ideal candidate is proactive & passionate about aligning people around a goal & helping teams to deliver.
Project Managers maintain a holistic perspective across the needs of teams & projects, allowing us to propel work forward more efficiently & effectively, building momentum & removing barriers as they arise. We often draw from Lean & Agile methodologies, but we ultimately value project management styles that encourage collaboration, communication, & continuous improvement over strict adherence to a specific framework. We are looking for someone who shares these values.
Effective project managers often go by many different titles. If your previous experiences have provided you with the skills listed below, wed love to hear from you!
Heres what youll do
- Facilitate staffing & discovery discussions for Engineering-centered projects
- Lead teams through visualization & prioritization of work, tailoring approach & project management structure to the needs of the team
- Guide planning & technical discussions with both involved teams & external stakeholders in order to ensure all parties aligned around risk & trade off decisions
- Work with teams to establish a strategy & cadence for communication throughout the life of a project
- Ensure that teams are considering any necessary documentation, training, & communication that should accompany their work
- Continuously improve on the processes we use to manage our work, & develop new processes that make work easier
- Resolve unknowns & identify cross-functional needs
- Make project high level needs/issues/dependencies/wins visible to Engineering leadership
- Facilitate retrospectives & identify remediations
- Guide & collect team decisions, & make learning visible
- Act as an advocate for both our Engineering project teams & the goals of the business, raising difficult questions & smoothing communication where needed
If you have these qualities you should apply
- Previous experience managing work for teams
- An empathetic & proactive approach to communication & problem solving
- Ability to communicate clearly & with candor
- A talent for creating order out of ambiguity
- An understanding of how & when to use common project management structures & methods
- Strong facilitation & presentation skills
- Ability to discern situations that need flexibility & those that require consistent methodology
- A strong desire to learn & work on projects that using variety of technologies
- Knowledge of distributed computing isnt required, but provides helpful context
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.