At Tanium, our Senior Support Manager fulfills the critical role of leading our 24x7x365 Global Tanium Support Center. You will focus on delivering value to Tanium customers, across all industry verticals that Tanium services, by simplifying & streamlining service & support delivery. The Tanium Support Center is responsible for resolving technical issues & answering technical questions that customers have in a timely manner. With a primary focus on customer satisfaction, the Support Director ensures that the Support Center is continually working to improve the overall experience of our customers when using Tanium. This position will report directly to the Chief Customer Officer.
What youll do:
Build, manage, & lead the Tanium Support Center by:
- Building & managing a global organization consisting of Support Managers, Support Engineers, Technical Writers, Analysts, & Software Integration Engineers.
- Coaching Support Managers to ensure the Support Center is delivering effective, timely, & professional customer support
- Managing overall organizational performance with a focus on goal-centric performance management
- Establishing, monitoring, & optimizing global teams & scheduling to ensure the business needs are met during peak times
Improve customer experience by:
- Monitoring appropriate customer focused metrics & making adjustments as needed to ensure organizational goals are being met
- Working with senior management in the Engineering & Product teams to ensure the voice of the customer is heard, remaining focussed on product quality by providing & facilitating feedback between teams
- Continually learning from reactive support issues & taking proactive action to deflect such cases in the future
- Engaging with customers proactively to understand how the Tanium Support Center can achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction possible. Using reactive methods like customer escalations to meet customer management & grow the relationship organically to ensure the optimum customer satisfaction is being met
- Setting, measuring, & reporting on the service level agreements, key performance indicators, & other applicable metrics required to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
Robust business planning by:
- Working with other organizations on the prioritization & development of new tools, processes, & capabilities which increase the efficiency, accuracy, & quality of the support delivered by the Tanium Support Center
- Building strategic plans with the goal of anticipating & planning for the future needs & growth of the organization
- Achieving the desired organizational financial margin by managing cost effectively & efficiently
- Understanding team capacity/utilization & cost of support to make decisions
Were looking for someone with:
- Associates degree or equivalent experience required
- BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar experience a plus
Experience & Skills
- 10+ years of experience as a manager or manager of managers in a software support organization.
- Good Judgement; is self-governed & takes a consistent approach to prioritize & weigh cost & value in order to determine the action most appropriately aligned with Taniums values & our mission.
- Influencing; demonstrates strong & consistent influence skills, working effectively with their team & customers to present logical & compelling arguments to enhance innovation & efficiencies.
- Communication; has mastered executive communication, demonstrates emotional intelligence & patience in all forms of communication. Anticipates blockers & communicates appropriately before requiring escalation. Constantly analyzes whether tasks are the highest priority & best use of time. Redirects erroneous requests to re-focus on tasks that will accomplish the key business objectives.
- Strategic Thinking; understands the broader corporate initiatives & how they apply to their organization. Has mastered the ability to translate strategic goals to tactical action in order to achieve the desired results. Holds their organization accountable for achieving these goals & use data to drive that accountability
- Management; passion for managing & leading organizations. Manages with empathy, patience, & inclusiveness without compromising on achievement of business goals. Practices a high degree of discretion around sensitive employee information & matters.
- Leadership; lead & manage change as the customer needs evolve to always remain customer focussed. Spotting emerging trends & patterns quickly, solving hard problems, & generating creative solutions. Has a deep sense of ownership in the work that they do & a hands-on approach. Uses this thinking to actively mentor & coach others to aid in their professional achievement & help avoid problems/high-risk behavior.
Good to Have:
- Previous experience managing a technical support organization
- Previous experience in managing & supporting Tanium infrastructures
At Tanium, we empower the worlds largest organizations to manage & protect their mission-critical networks. Theres a reason why six of the top ten retailers, 12 of the top 15 US banks, & five of the US Armed Forces use Tanium. We provide lightning-fast capabilities at their fingertips to see everything & do anything across their computer networks with unparalleled scale.
We pride ourselves on being unstoppable in the pursuit of our mission. We are diverse problem solvers driven to do the right thing & win as a team.
Join our team at tanium.com/careers.