PIVOTALS STORY (VIDEO)
As a recognized leader in disciplined agile & lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, & infrastructure with organizations core expertise & values. Our cloud-native platform & suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the worlds most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds & with greater business agility. We optimize for change & teach next-generation developers to create & build new solutions, & are committed to open source & open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development & innovation, & our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each & every project, & are guided by a purposeful missionto transform how the world builds software.
You are unique: as a curious, passionate, engaging, hands-on architect you will help customers realize the benefits of cloud native applications & architectures on Pivotal Cloud Foundry. You will also work closely with the Pivotal Cloud Foundry engineering & platform architect teams to transform the way our customers build & run their software.
Our mission is to make customers' use of our products & solutions successful, so that they can more effectively transform their business. Our cross-disciplinary team includes technical account leaders, data scientists, agile specialists, solutions architects, educators on Pivotal technology, & business transformation specialists.
In this role, you will:
- Work on small, focused projects (typically 6 or 10 weeks) in our office and/or at a customer location as part of a balanced team of architects, product managers & business people
- Help customers realize unprecedented returns by transforming existing applications, across a vast spectrum of complexity, language & framework types, to run using Cloud Native patterns & practices
- Coach & mentor customer developers, architects, product owners & operations people as we use agile/XP & techniques like TDD & CI/CD
- Continuously learn & be at the leading edge of Pivotal & industry trends
You are unique: as an exceptional, passionate, customer facing, hands-on architect you will help customers transform to realize the benefits of cloud native applications & architectures on Pivotal Cloud Foundry. You will also work closely with the Spring & Pivotal Cloud Foundry engineering teams to:
- Provide feedback on & contributions to the Spring & Cloud Foundry open source projects, potentially becoming a core committer
- Assist Pivotals customers in migrating existing apps to Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Modernize customer applications, incrementally improving infrastructure & app architecture techniques
- Work with Pivotals customers to architect & build new cloud native apps
- Become an agent of change within customer organizations
- You are required to be available for, & willing to, travel at least 60% of your time
- You are a great written & verbal communicator, capable of public speaking & presenting in front of customers, at user groups, etc.
- Comfortable in new situations with new clients
- Experience building distributed / service oriented / microservice-style & cloud based application architectures
- Have an understanding of or implementation experience in building Twelve-Factor applications, & using Domain Driven Design
- You are a Java expert, with experience & familiarity building modern Spring applications with Spring Boot; you have a strong background with Spring & related projects
- Experience building enterprise applications, including integration with COTS systems
- You are an Agile practitioner, familiar with extreme programming, test driven development, pairing, continuous integration, continuous delivery, & related techniques
- 8+ years of software development experience
- You are a polyglot programmer (you might have used JavaEE, C#, Go, etc.)
- Experience integrating with Netflix OSS components (Eureka, Hystrix, Ribbon, etc.)
- Experience with Cloud Foundry & Kubernetes
Pivotals Cloud Native platform drives software innovation for many of the worlds most admired brands. With millions of developers in communities around the world, Pivotal technology touches billions of users every day. After shaping the software development culture of Silicon Valley's most valuable companies for over a decade, today Pivotal leads a global technology movement transforming how the world builds software.
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.