Group Nine Media is currently seeking an Audience Development Coordinator. Responsibilities will include coordinating campaigns across Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok & whatever is next! This role will also focus on data analysis geared towards growth across all of G9s many social accounts as measured by audience engagement, reach of the page, total fans, & traffic back to the website.
You should be the first person to know whatever is trending on social media & have a million ideas for how to keep engaging & optimizing our audiences to be ahead of the curve & jump on the latest trends. You will assist in the execution & implementation of social media content campaigns & provide support as needed to other members of the distribution team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Curate, schedule, & coordinate content on Group Nines social media channels
- Identify new & emerging publications for prospective partnerships
- Manage post times & frequency of all incoming content from cross-functional teams.
- Collaborate with editorial & video teams to dissect posts & continually improve the quality of content on social media
- Track trending news & internet moments & find creative ways for Group Nine to be a part of the conversation
- Keep up with relevant social media news, updates, tools, platforms, & best practices
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or similar
- Minimum 6 months-1 year experience managing social media, preferably for a digital media publisher
- Knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, & Snapchat
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail & extremely organized
- Comfortable in a fast paced, entrepreneurial & high-energy environment; comfortable collaborating with the social media team & video & editorial teams
- Enthusiastic & goal-driven with the ability to proactively follow-up & follow-through on all projects
- Basic knowledge of Google Analytics; Chartbeat; CrowdTangle; Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat and Instagram Insights.
- Understanding of social media audience behavior, engagement strategies, what makes people share things on social media, & what makes people feel an affinity to a publisher on social media
- Knowledge of latest trends on how to use all social media platforms as a content distributor
- A hunger to learn more about the ever-changing landscape of social media
- Sense of humor a huge plus
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.