Vox Media employees thrive on innovation & change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, & improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology & the world around them. Vox Medias networks & businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, & the Vox Media Podcast Network.
The Programs Intern will report to the Senior Programs Manager, People & Culture & work with them to execute company-wide programs. The role interacts closely with the rest of the team on all aspects of the employee experience, from the first day for new hires to advanced training for leadership. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to gain experience within the People & Culture function to learn about all the different facets of HR, including employee engagement, diversity & inclusion, recruiting, total rewards, & data analytics.
This is a full-time, paid internship working out of Vox Medias New York City office.
What youll do:
- Work closely with the People & Culture Coordinator, Office Operations, & IT to prepare for upcoming new hires
- Assist with weekly new hire orientation sessions & be the point of contact for new hires in the NYC office
- Process I-9s for all new employees, ensuring legal compliance
- Upload & maintain employee documents within internal HR systems
- Participate in & further develop the centralized internship program sessions
- Participate in employee engagement survey planning by coordinating People & Culture stakeholders, brainstorming timely survey questions, & analyzing past results
- Work with Employee Resource Group leaders on support for diversity & inclusion initiatives
Learning & Development
- Assist with training sign ups, working with the P&C Coordinator & Business Partners in selecting & communicating with participants
- Coordinate training logistics, both internally & with external vendors
- Help review feedback & identify opportunities for improvement across all programs
What youll bring:
- A strong desire to work at Vox Media
- Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple work streams, prioritize tasks accordingly, & stay organized
- Passion for ensuring programs are inclusive & aligned with Vox Medias focus on diversity & inclusion
- Exceptional attention to detail & a dedication to accuracy
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional & discreet manner
- Positive, can-do, roll-up-the-sleeves attitude
This position is 40 hours per week for 12 weeks.
About working at Vox Media:
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.