Away is a global lifestyle brand that is on a mission to create thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. In support of our mission we are building a best-in-class accounting team, & we are hiring for an Accounts Payable Manager to streamline how we work with vendors globally, account for invoices, & manage employee expenses. The ideal candidate will have deep technical experience within an AP function & an innovative mind with an acumen for building processes & leveraging tools to find efficiencies. You will work cross-functionally with the entire organization to ensure everyone understands how we work with vendors & spend company money. You will report directly to the Controller & work very closely with the technical & operational Accounting Managers; you will oversee an AP clerk & eventually build an AP infrastructure under you. The position is based in our headquarters in Soho, NYC.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this position.
What Youll Do
- Manage the indirect procure-to-pay workflow, including designing, implementing, & maintaining best-in-class systems & processes for a controlled indirect & capital procurement process. This includes an emphasis on implementation & administration of RPA & other automation tools
- Implement internal controls over vendor master file management, including designing, implementing, & maintaining a new vendor process & vendor change process
- Maximize free cash flow & cash rebate returns by ensuring we are maintaining longer net terms with vendors or paying vendors with our corporate card program whenever possible
- Refine the companys expense policy, including iterating on the policy as we scale & grow, & ensure the accounting team is equipped to be the gatekeepers of the policy
- Administer the Companys corporate card programs including T&E & department spend
- Institute a training program for existing & future employees that will introduce & re-educate the team on the Companys tools & workflows related to indirect & T&E spend
- Regularly review & approve invoice entry & coding related to non-inventory spend
- Review & approve weekly payment runs & develop an efficient approval process with the Treasurer & Controller
- Manage the annual vendor 1099 process
- Work with the Tax Manager & AP team to ensure we are properly capturing use tax
- Support financial statement & statutory audits
- Work on ad-hoc reports & projects as required by the business
Who You Are
- A minimum of Bachelors degree in accounting or related field
- 4-6 years of accounting experience with at least 3 years of direct accounts payable experience with progressive level of responsibility
- Deep understanding of US GAAP & internal control within the accounts payable function
- A self-starter who can take ownership of initiatives, with the ability to prioritize, organize, & manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability & desire to develop & implement innovative solutions to complex business & technical issues
- Strong technology skills including advanced excel; experience with AP automation software or credit card platforms a plus
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment.
- Passionate about travel (but thats a given!)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup. We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, were expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness & lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US & abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? Were hiring!