Who We Are:
At Convene, we're building a company that embraces visible & invisible diversity, encourages healthy integration of personal goals & professional development, & fosters community. Our team's evolution, values & culture have been at the forefront of what we do since our founding. With the meetings & office market growing rapidly & showing no signs of stopping, we are constantly evolving & growing our offerings from hosting meetings & events to providing a full suite of offerings for flexible co-working spaces.
What Youll Do:
Were looking for a Sous Chef to join Convenes prestigious culinary team. This position requires experience in high volume environments with a focus on presentation & conference style catering. As a Sous Chef, you will be responsible for assisting in maintenance of budgeted food cost, ordering, menu development, sanitation & overall food quality & presentation, as well as assisting in daily ordering & inventory.
- Maintain full knowledge of menus, recipes, & other pertinent information
- Constantly increasing knowledge of culinary & other products & services
- Responsible for constant sanitation, organization, & proper food handling
What We Look For:
- O.S. Degree in Culinary Arts or culinary certificate & required experience
- Minimum 1-3 years of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree of training
- Extensive catering experience a plus
- High volume, complex foodservice operations experience highly desirable
- Institutional & batch cooking experiences a plus
- Hand-on relevant experience a must
- Comprehensive knowledge of food & catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, & presentation
- Must be experienced with computers, to include Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook, E-mail, & the Internet
- Must be willing to participate in client satisfaction programs/activities
- SerySafe certified
- Flexible & long hours sometimes required; rotating work schedule that may include nights & weekends
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull & place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance
- Reach overhead & below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, & stooping
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
Convene (www.convene.com) designs & services premium places to work, meet, & host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major U.S. cities, with plans to expand globally. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date, & has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune Magazine.
- Founded in 2009
- Locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, Chicago & plans to expand globally
- Launched Convene Workplace in 2017
- Ranked #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- Ranked #30 in 2017 LinkedIn Annual List of Industry Disruptors
- 2018 Great Places to Work US
- 2018 Fortune Magazine Best Workplaces NY
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together were building a culture that embraces diversity & learning, humility & gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously & strive for a healthy integration between work & personal pursuits.
Benefits You Can Expect As A Convene Employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO & family leave
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growthHave a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year
- Excellent health coverage for team members & their families
- Supportive work environment & a leader who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions & hobbies
- Healthy snacks
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.