We are seeking a highly skilled Copywriter + Content Strategist to join our fast-growing marketing & content team at Knot Standard in our NYC Headquarters in the Flatiron District.
Knot Standard is a luxury custom menswear company with one goal; to consistently offer premium service, selection combined with tradition & classic tailoring, for our client & his personal stylist to create the lifestyle he desires. To date, we operate 8 appointment-only showrooms in New York, Chicago, D.C., Houston, Austin, Dallas, San Francisco, & Los Angeles. Coupling high-touch client experience & strong product knowledge, Knot Standard is redefining the apparel industry.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, our ideal candidate will be skilled editorially in copywriting, copy editing, search engine optimization (SEO), ad copy, & have strong project management experience. We need a creative, committed, & analytical person with enthusiasm & drive to produce a demonstrable impact on our brand voice & build strong emotional connections with our customers to drive engagement, experience, & revenue. This individual must have a passion for storytelling, a talent for clear, compelling communication, & a vision for new ways to grow our business. Valuing data insights just as strongly as journalistic standards & understanding how to leverage data & engagement tools to evaluate success is crucial.
You will make an impact by:
- Playing a pivotal role to define the Knot Standard brand voice, writing clear, detailed copy that embodies our brand DNA.
- Collaborating with internal & external creative teams to ideate & concept campaigns, stories & messaging across print, digital, video, out-of-home, & sales.
- Striving to understand Knot Standards marketing objectives, business goals, & metrics/measurements of success.
- Maintaining brand tone of voice across multiple channels, ensuring consistency in messaging while striving to push boundaries & find new ways to communicate with our customers.
- Writing & editing site copy, including product descriptions, & create keyword-rich content optimized for SEO.
- Auditing & optimizing existing SEO copy strategy.
- Writing & editing compelling newsletters, including subject lines & html preview text, to maximize open rate, click-through rate & appointment conversion.
- Writing & editing engaging copy & content for all social platforms with the goal to amplify engagement.
- Writing short, medium, & long-form copy for editorial & content marketing.
- Writing copy for event invites, in-store signage or any other customer or industry-facing asset.
- Contributing copy ideas & strategies that will drive brand success
- Collaborating on A/B testing processes as needed
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
As a growing professional, challenge & opportunity excites you. You have:
- A Bachelors Degree
- 5+ years of experience in copywriting and/or content development
- Mens Fashion industry experience (required)
- Prior experience developing content & writing copy for Organic & Paid social media, email marketing
- Experience being well-versed in SEO/SEM best practices
- Creative strategic thinking & problem-solving skills - you are inspired by difficult challenges & motivated to work independently & autonomously to solve them
- Passion for the ever-changing fashion & cultural landscape
- The ability to be super organized, collaborative, enjoying wearing many hats, & you are unafraid to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
- Strong attention to detail in copy editing & proofreading
- Experience collaborating with Graphic Designers, Marketing, & Product teams
- Collaboration skills - you thrive in a team environment
- Ability to successfully organize, prioritize, & manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- A strategic mindset - big picture thinking is key
KNOT STANDARD PERKS
- Base salary commensurate with experience & talent
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Industry related training & development
- We professionally & personally invest in our employees
- The best custom wardrobe you could imagine