MakeSpace is the technology solution for physical storage. We are changing the way people think about their belongings, & saving them from ever having to visit a storage unit again. We are taking on the $40B storage industry. We've grown to 90+ employees with a product & engineering team of 18 people. We're backed by top-tier VCs & a joint venture with Iron Mountain, a publicly traded leader in ops & logistics.
- Build performant & maintainable React-based user interfaces for current & future customers.
- Work on growth & acquisitionthe pre-conversion parts of the funnel. You'll collaborate with our product, design, & marketing teams to figure out how we can use the web to answer users' questions, tell them about MakeSpace, & get them to sign up.
- Write, test, document, & deploy code that ensures the integrity of our operations & user experience.
- Experience using React or other modern front-end frameworks to build component-based user interfaces
- 2+ years of professional engineering experience, with some full-stack experience
- Thoughtful about UI/UX & skilled at communicating those thoughts in a positive, collaborative way
- Thorough HTML5 & CSS3 knowledge
- Experience with Python (especially Django), MySQL, and/or Docker/Ansible is a plus
- A passion for collaboration, & a desire to learn, teach, & grow beyond the current edges of your skills
- Aspirations to use technology to positively transform the physical world
- Competitive salary
- Open, collaborative, & flexible work environment
- Highly-encouraged vacation time
- Excellent health insurance plans with an FSA option
- WageWorks Commuter Benefits
- Modern, spacious office with massive outdoor patios 200 feet above the streets of Manhattans Financial District
- Catered lunches every Wednesday, snacks & fruit, & an endless supply of Toby's Estate Coffee
- Buy or build your ideal workstation, with the option for a motorized standing desk
- Regular happy hours & quarterly team outings
- Focus on efficient, balanced workdays with flexible work-from-home policies & one of the most competitive paid parental leave programs in NY startups
You'll have a 30-minute phone call with our recruiter where we'll share more about MakeSpace & the details of the hiring process, learn from you about your background, & listen to the high-level goals you want from your next role.
If you want to join a startup that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day then please APPLY.
MakeSpace is an equal opportunity employer & values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.