You're a technologist at heart & love to code but you also excel at creating environments where software engineers can reach their full potential.
People Managers of Software Development at Appian provide technical mentorship & are responsible for the professional growth & development of engineers. As a Manager, you will provide direct 1-on-1 mentoring, coaching & career development to a group of software engineers to improve their skills while also handling general HR management responsibilities. Managers are servant/leaders who should enjoy helping groups succeed. For this particular management role you should feel comfortable coding up to 75% of the time.
- Broad technical understanding across multiple technology layers, providing effective code reviews & technical feedback (must be comfortable hands on coding).
- Effectively manage up to 6 direct reports through mentoring & coaching.
- Develop & guide the career paths of direct reports.
- Provide input to create staffing plans with departmental leadership.
- Be an agent for change, at both the team & departmental level.
- Foster a culture of learning & growth.
- Performance of HR Management tasks related to each direct report; such as communication of raises & bonuses, performance reviews, etc.
Preferred Experience Level: 7+ years in software development, with 2+ years as a mentor or manager
Education: B.S. in Computer Science or related field, advanced degree preferred
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.