About the Role
As Chime continues to grow its business, were scaling & formalizing processes related to complaint handling & reporting across our platform. The Agency Complaints Manager will report to the Compliance Operations Manager & will be responsible for managing the day-to-day & growth of the Agency Complaints team, which includes complaint handling, tracking of complaints & remediation efforts, as well as working directly with Bank Partners. Together youll work with the San Francisco, CA-based Compliance Operations team on designing & building processes, protocols, & tools to protect our business as we continue to grow the culture of compliance within Chime!
This job cannot be performed in the state of Colorado.
In this role, you can expect to
- Build & manage the Chicago-based Agency Complaints team at Chime, hiring & developing a high-performance team while executing against key company goals & regulatory guidance
- Understand the regulatory & risk management requirements that business teams are required to satisfy, & partner with your peers on the existing Compliance team to develop strategies to support the most efficient implementation of those requirements
- Implement tools & software to better track, test, & promote compliance functions & initiatives
- Manage intakes of Agency Complaints, investigate root cause, & prepare responses for each complaint in a timely manner
- Become a subject matter expert & understand relationships with our partner banks, card processors, & other third-party vendors & platforms to ensure proper monitoring & reporting processes are in place
- Work across the organization to develop remediation plans & timelines for corrective action when exceptions or violations are identified
- Microsoft Office, G Suite, & basic SQL experience necessary. Looker & Zendesk experience a plus
To thrive in this role, you have
- A minimum of 6-8 years of experience required in financial services, preferably in compliance, fraud, dispute, risk management, and/or audit roles
- A minimum of 3 years where you held a management title and/or responsibilities which included sourcing & hiring, as well as ongoing coaching & development of team members
- The ability to lead your team with integrity & create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, & supported to do work that energizes them
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing projects & creating process workflows
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Sound judgment in the development of solutions for a dynamic & innovative business
- Outstanding communication skills; you are able to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- The ability to work independently & flexibly while ensuring appropriate transparency & escalation when necessary
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees & helping people grow their savings automatically, weve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest & fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, & more!
We've built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech & were recently valued at over $14.5B. We've raised over $1B in funding from leading investors including DST, Coatue, Tiger Global, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Dragoneer, Menlo, Whale Rock, Access, Forerunner, Crosslink, Cathay, aCrew, & others.
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, & disability benefits
- Quarterly stipend to spruce up your home office
- Generous vacation policy & company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., & delicious snack boxes, too!
- A challenging & fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech & help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, & inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, & ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members & helps us all grow as Chimers & individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, & any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer & will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state, & Cook County ordinances. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects & uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.