Were hiring an Engineering Manager for our Tech Platform team. Youll join our team of 6 Engineers & 2 Technical Program Managers with the mission to make glossier.coms infrastructure fast, reliable, & efficient.
As manager, youll ensure the smooth delivery of several work streams. In a given week, you may triage potential security issues from our bug bounty program, build dev tooling to make our continuous deployments faster & safer, ensure appropriate capacity planning before a big launch, or demo new software patterns to make our infrastructure ever faster & scalable.
As a leader, youll be a role model for inclusivity & mindful communication, & always looking to elevate our teams culture.
6 Month Expectations:
- Help your team ship major projects, like pre-generated pages to improve performance & site reliability, & next-gen deployment tooling so we can own our availability & more quickly recover from production incidents.
- Coordinate cross-team preparation & on-call plan to ensure a successful Black Friday, our biggest sales day.
- Set personal development goals for you & your reports. Our Engineering Ladder is publicly available, & is a useful tool to help support the growth of our team.
12 Month Expectations:
- Build a roadmap of impactful projects to improve our infrastructure reliability (like a multi-region AWS strategy), & reduce tech debt.
- Hire several engineers to more effectively deliver our site reliability, performance, & observability work streams.
- Evolved the mission & scope of the team as the organization grows; taking on new responsibilities, & devolving some to other teams.
Skills & Qualifications
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 2+ years of experience directly managing teams of software engineers
- Experience designing & implementing production infrastructure on AWS