Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
As a Director of Product Management at Compass you will be responsible for setting direction & driving major strategic & product initiatives. You will work closely with our senior leadership & customers to define product strategy, build roadmaps, & lead our product development efforts around key aspects of the Compass experience.
Specifically, as the Director of Customer Engagement, youll manage & mentor a cross-disciplinary team including product management, product marketing, program management, & content strategists & collaborate with a multidisciplinary team that includes UX design & research, software engineering, & operations/support. Your team will be responsible for defining the products & processes we need to listen to the voice of our customers, whether that comes directly from through operations, user research, or from customer directly.
At Compass You Will:
- Lead a product management team that works with cross functional partners comprised of engineering, design & user research
- Work with agents, product marketing & product support to carefully understand & analyze user needs & turn those into a product plan, roadmap & detailed specifications
- Use detailed specifications as your foundation, collaborate with engineering & design teams to ship new features that are highly usable
- Nurture product managers by helping to set product strategy for them & coaching them on the mechanics of being a great product manager
- Understand Compass strategic & competitive position & deliver products that are recognized as best in the industry
What We Look For:
- Bachelor's degree in business or an analytical field (Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or related field)
- 10+ years of product management, 5+ years with technical product management, or related experience.
- Proven ability to build & lead teams & work cross-functionally with technical & non-technical team members.
- Experience partnering with engineering leaders & evangelizing best practices.
- Experience setting vision, defining strategy, & managing a prioritized roadmap
- Ability to thrive & adapt in a fast-paced, high-growth & rapidly changing environment
- Experience in program management, product marketing, and/or content strategy is a plus
- User centric product management approach - focuses on user problems & building solutions around them that delight users
- Strategic product thinker - you can examine the changing landscape & use that information to define product strategy & prioritize the problems to solve
- Technically proficient & able to work closely & get buy in from engineers
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills that allows you to influence other teams, create clarity, & drive focus on complex problems
- MBA preferred
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.