Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging & interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about creating simple experiences in a complex world.
We are looking for a thoughtful user-centered designer to help design the core features of our cloud infrastructure products for developers & data scientists. Reporting to the Manager of Product Design, the Product Designer will join a close-knit, collaborative, & light-hearted team, making sure our customers get the best possible experience from our products & services.
Simplicity & usability are central to the DigitalOcean differentiator. The Product Design team has an impact across the organization, working with engineering & product teams to create experiences that make development much more enjoyable & much less frustrating. As the product grows, the challenge of keeping the platform & experience simple becomes even more crucial. Our team is committed to helping each other grow as designers & be impactful in our design work.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Leading design to help build DigitalOcean into a robust cloud host that is simple, friendly, beautiful, & powerful for application developers.
- Running collaborative sessions to facilitate creativity, problem framing, & alignment of strategic direction.
- Discovering insights through continuous customer, user, & stakeholder engagement.
- Testing your designs with users. Iterating on your designs as we learn.
- Focusing on a primary product that is part of a larger product suite.
- Participating in daily design reviews with the Product Design team & providing valuable critique.
- Rapidly prototyping interactions & experiences.
- Collaborating with designers & developers to manage, curate, & expand our design system.
What Youll Add to DigitalOcean:
- You have professional experience designing transactional productivity applications.
- You think in terms of design systems & have experience in evolving those design systems.
- You make rational design decisions supported by design theory, research data, business goals, & team principles.
- You enjoy & value creating simple, clear solutions for complex workflows.
- You work the details & care about creating truly delightful experiences.
- Expertise in interaction & visual design.
- Experience in systems design.
- You're up to date regarding the latest web design & technology developments.
- You are passionate about working with developers & learning how to build for them.
- You work well within a team. You're opinionated yet humble & always looking to grow.
- You are a self-starter, who feels responsible for the work assigned to them & knows how to ask for help & guidance when needed.
- You are curious, & like to learn about new things.
What we'll need from you:
- A link to your portfolio or previous work so we can see what you delivered & understand the thinking that went into your design decisions.
- Your cover letter explaining why you would be great at DigitalOcean.
- Your resume to give us a quick idea of what youve been up to & what you accomplished before arriving in our job application queue.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC & Cambridge, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Product #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Product team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!