Chiefs mission is to build the most powerful network focused on connecting & supporting female leaders. With members who are at the C-Level or are rising VPs, Chief is the only organization designed for women seated at the table. Read about us in Forbes, Inc., & watch us on the Today Show.
Launched in early 2019, Chief is a Series A stage start-up backed by General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures, & other top-tier investors. Were headquartered in New York City, with membership also in LA, Chicago, SF, & Boston. Currently, we have Clubhouses in NY, LA, & Chicago.
About the Role:
Chief is looking for a Lead Product Designer to join our growing team. This role is a critical hire that will work directly with product & engineering to scale our digital platform across web & mobile. This role will be responsible for transforming member insights into delightful & innovative product experiences that drive business results & member satisfaction. We are searching for a passionate & experienced product designer who can utilize their design talents to ensure we provide a high level of white-glove service & sophistication in our digital product that our members have come to expect from our brand.
- Work iteratively to design, refine, & validate solutions.
- Develop & maintain detailed user-interface & experience specifications, working closely with developers to see your design through to deployment
- Produce documentation to ensure your designs are well understood by stakeholders & detailed enough for efficient development. You ensure that you have accounted for variations across a wide variety of devices & platforms, handled error conditions & edge cases, & defined usable, elegant micro-interactions
- Earn trust with technical credibility, pragmatic decision making, & strong follow-through working with cross-functional teams
- Create quick prototypes & run user testing to make thoughtful decisions
What Were Looking For:
- 5-8 years of experience as a Product/UX/UI Designer
- A deep working knowledge of Figma (including proper usage of Autolayout, Components etc.)
- A strong understanding of typography & systems & how to apply them programmatically
- A well-documented online portfolio of work demonstrating experience crafting user-centered design solutions
- Proven ability to take defined customer & business goals & translate them into effective design solutions.
- You have a curiosity that drives you to look for real-world solutions instead of just existing patterns & mental models
- Ability to balance multiple priorities & effectively manage your time, & partners expectations
- When challenging assumptions, you are respectful & give & receive feedback with equal grace & professionalism
- BS/BA degree or relevant work experience required
- Passion for the Companys mission, positioning, & brand
Why Youll Want to Work with Chief:
- Competitive base salary
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Full medical, dental, & vision packages
- Experience as an early member of a startup team with exciting early traction
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create & attend inspiring experiences & events with leaders of industry