Betterment at Work is a 401(k) service built from the ground up with the needs of the modern employee in mind. It's selected by employers who want to offer their employees tailored & smart financial advice that will help them create a more secure future. Betterment for Business is powered by Betterment's proprietary, smart technology that automates & optimizes asset allocation to enhance financial wellness. As a fiduciary that is independent of the funds it invests in, Betterment believes that everyone has the fundamental right to expert financial advice. In addition to the core investing services, Betterments platform includes Betterment EverydayBetterments cash management suite which offers a checking account, debit card, & high-yield account. Headquartered in New York City & created by the largest independent robo-advisor, Betterment for Business is used by leading employers like Casper & Boxed. For more information, visit www.betterment.com/401k.
401(k) plan administration services provided by Betterment at Work. Investment advice to plans & plan participants provided by Betterment, an SEC registered investment adviser. Brokerage services provided to clients of Betterment by Betterment Securities, an SEC registered broker-dealer & member FINRA/SIPC. Betterment & Betterment Securities are affiliates of Betterment at Work.
About the Role:
Betterment at Work is an award-winning 401(k) solution that works as hard for your money as you work to earn it. We are seeking an ambitious Partner Account Executive to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the Partner sales process from contacting leads to closing deals that result in Bookings. You are a tech-savvy seller who is passionate about working with decision-makers to add a retirement offering to their employee benefits or transition plans from their existing provider. This position will be preferably based in NYC, focused on generating new business & representing Betterment at Work 401ks solutions.
A Day in the Life:
- Build strong relationships with existing & new strategic partnership sales resources to drive meaningful sales outcomes
- Experience in managing a lead funnel, assisting prospects with email, chat, & phone correspondence
- Conduct discovery & online demonstration calls, managing the entire sales cycle to closing deals & selling the value of Betterment products
- Develop relationships with all levels of the Partner organizations to maximize sales opportunities
- Support small business owners who come from our Partners by setting their employees up for success with their retirement plans & financial wellness offerings
- Meet & exceed Bookings goals
- Ensure effective & consistent use of Salesforce
- Provide voice of the client, partner & industry to marketing & product management to drive roadmaps
What Were Looking For:
- Sales experience working in B2B tech/SaaS sales preferably and/or selling to Partners
- Curiosity & interest in financial products & retirement planning
- A consistent track record of exceeding targets
- High energy & willingness to learn
- Self-motivated & adaptable to change
- Passionate about inspiring & mentoring your team
- Ability to give & receive feedback - you will collaborate with our sales team to drive process improvements
- Experience with sales technology stack- Outreach, Salesforce- a plus
What Being at Betterment Means for You:
Joining Betterment means belonging to a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your well-being, & continuing on a journey of non-stop growth & evolution.
Youll join a Community that Cares:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, & celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, & regular knowledge sharing, all occurring in a remote friendly way.
- Join one or more of our 8 Employee Resource Strategy Groups as a member or an ally, & help us shape Betterments culture & product for years to come.
Youll stay Happy & Healthy:
- We will ensure you're set up & cared for with a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, annual gym reimbursements, & a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- Youll have unlimited paid personal & vacation days, & a team that cares about your whole life, not just what youre working on.
Youll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills & abilities through Betterment University courses & additional allowance for outside learning.
- As part of a team that values knowledge sharing & transparency, you can opt into mentoring & career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, & show & tells.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
What Happens Next?
We expect to take a few weeks to review all applications. If we would like to spend more time with you, you will hear from us to arrange the next steps. You can expect 3-4 sets of conversations, all remote, with your future colleagues in the weeks following your application.
Throughout the interview process, well look to learn more about your skills, experiences, capabilities, & motivators. Many of our interview questions will be behavioral, aimed at understanding how you might operate here at Betterment. We may ask you to complete a case study exercise or technical assessments, depending on the role, as we aim to collect a robust set of data points throughout the interview process.
On average, it takes us around 3 - 4 weeks to complete the interview process. As a best practice, we aim to interview at least 3 final round candidates before making a hiring decision.
Please note that were unable to offer individual feedback during the interview process. We usually see 1,000+ applications for open positions, & our hiring team simply doesnt have the bandwidth to offer personalized feedback to each candidate.
We recognize that interviewing for a new role is a big deal. We appreciate you giving us consideration as the next step in your career. Our Recruiting Team is here to support & advocate for you through the interview process, so please let us know how we can help.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.