The Senior Director of Total Rewards, you will be responsible for directing all aspects of Compensation, Benefits & Immigration, playing a strategic role in the design & implementation of HelloFresh US (HF) compensation & benefit programs in collaboration with HelloFresh Global. This will include the development & implementation of the overall total rewards initiatives, policies, & procedures to drive the achievement of company goals & ensure competitive compensation & benefits programs are in place. As the leader of this team, you will develop & drive the performance of a core team of subject matter experts & partner with the Senior Leadership Team through implementation.
We are continually redefining what Total Rewards means for our organization & will require this individual to bring their creative best, combined with market research, to help define how we differentiate ourselves in the marketplace.
- Serves as a subject matter expert & owns the total rewards philosophy & approach
- Collaborates with business leadership to design & implement competitive compensation & wellbeing programs that meet the needs of the company
- Develops, implements, & manages the strategic direction of base pay, variable pay & wellbeing for our US hourly & salaried employees
- Applies high technical expertise & analytical skills to proactively monitor & maintain HelloFreshs competitive positioning, ensuring compensation & benefits programs are in line with the companys future growth.
- Works with external consultants to understand & benchmark market practices
- Directs & develops a strong team of compensation & benefits professionals ensuring best practices
- Helps direct compensation surveys, research market competitive practices, conducts related analysis & recommends new programs or enhancements based on cost/benefit analysis & benchmarking
- Helps lead the planning & design of the annual compensation & salary planning process
- Partner with HF Global to develop UD Executive leadership to support & design leading-edge compensation programs
- Helps administer a global equity program that provides a very competitive total compensation package model
- Leads the Total Rewards functional team through related bidding processes, annual open enrollment processes and, annual merit review processes Directs the overall job architecture (leveling, structure) for the company by working very closely with business leaders & advising them of best practices
- Makes certain that the administration of, & any changes to, retirement programs incorporate the companys strategic objectives, satisfy legal requirements, & achieve a balance between market practice & employee needs
- Collaborates closely with the Internal Audit & Accounting leadership to build & maintain compliant programs & procedures
- Monitors & implements changes to ensure compliance with global regulations
What qualifications will make you successful?
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Business/HR Administration and/or strong commensurate experience
- Masters in Business Administration or Masters in HR or Business-related discipline strongly preferred
- 15+ years experience within HR/Business of which at least the last 7 should be in the Compensation & Benefits related specialism / Consulting in the rewards area
- A track record of providing guidance & support to cross-cultural organizations on Total Rewards topics & adding value through the development of creative solutions to challenging problems
- Proven experience leading complex projects & successfully implementing change & transformation (direct or in consulting firms)
- Proven organizational skills, a strong tolerance for ambiguity, detail-oriented with ability to function strategically & tactically under pressure
- Demonstrated partnering & collaboration skills as there would be multiple interfaces within the core People Team
- Demonstrated collaboration with the Internal Communications team on change management & enterprise communication planning
- Experience working with with the external vendors in the areas of Incentive design & Implementation
- Minimum of 5+ years leading a direct team
- Prior or current professional certification in HR/Compensation/Benefits highly preferred
- Prior experience in a balanced employee environment inclusive of hourly workforce as well as highly skilled executive workforce required