As part of our Data Layer squad youll dive into challenges of scaling a complex & powerful cloud platform. Youll leverage the latest tools to build a new data layer to accelerate data persistence & retrieval by making it intuitive & fast. As an increasing number of apps are being built by our users on the platform the data layer team must shape the future of Appians reporting engine.
In addition, you will be the primary person to improve the rapidly growing, complex & highly available MySQL server architecture for our customers. You will need to define best practices for automated procedures in upgrading & debugging performance tuning issues. We expect you to know database systems inside & out & be a little bit obsessive about performance & scalability.
Join us as we scale into the future!
What is Appian? Its an application platform that lets business people build powerful cloud & mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code.
Working in Appian Engineering:
- Modern tech stack: Full stack Java, MySQL, Continuous Integration, Docker
- Indie time -- set aside every month for fun side projects
- Casual working environment -- wear what you want
- Company retreat, movie nights, fun events -- bring the whole family!
- Lateral mobility encouraged by supportive senior leadership
- Data is your passion. Youre an efficient & elegant coder, ideally with 3+ years of strong experience developing applications using MySQL and/or SQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL
- 5+ years of experience developing with Java (or other object-oriented language)
- Knowledge of de-facto standards & best practices in MySQL
- Expert knowledge implementing solutions using MySQL (or any InnoDB storage engine)
- Data structures & algorithms delight you; you thrive on solving challenging problems within large, high-performance, real-time, distributed data systems
- Always excited to dive into new concepts & technologies
- You have no problem with object-oriented or functional programming
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.