About the Role
Engineers at Frame.io are creative, technical people making beautiful & powerful tools to enable other creative, technical people to do their best work Frame.io is the thread that runs through the entire video post-production process. We focus on quality engineering, which means that we are building a back-end team that empowers engineers who care deeply about code thats readable, extensible, safe & performant.
We are looking for a senior back-end engineer who can turn ideas into beautifully written code that other people or you, six months into the future will find easy to comprehend & modify. As a technical leader on the Frame.io back-end team, you will:
- Model a rich & expansive domain. Youll design & implement data models for every facet of the post-production domain, as well as powerful systems to keep the Frame.io application efficient & stable.
- Contribute to a mature (but not too crufty!) Elixir application. Frame.io is home to one of the largest Elixir applications in the world, & senior engineers here have the opportunity to design highly concurrent, fault-tolerant systems.
- Own the implementation of great features. Youll work directly with designers, client engineers & product owners to bring new features to life. Youll provide guidance & input into the process of building & deploying their vision, as well as writing the code that makes it real.
- Guide & mentor your fellow engineers. Youll be an authority on best practices for the engineering team, as well as an important leader for other engineers in the organization - back-end & otherwise.
Our team is highly productive & committed to mutual support, collaboration & knowledge sharing. Weve got some of the brightest minds in the biz, but more than that, we are dedicated to a work environment where we can all grow & learn. We combine this commitment with a dedication to quality engineering & sound, informed technical decisions. We understand that the best code is the code that moves our business forward, & we make every decision about the back-end in the context of the product that everybody at Frame.io is building together.
At Frame.io, were powering the future of creative collaboration. Over 700,000 video professionals use Frame.io to seamlessly share media & gather timestamped feedback from team members & clients. Simply put, we help companies create better video, together.
We want you to get better too. We believe that we have a duty to be the stewards of your career, both at Frame.io & beyond. Having conversations about your entire career & not just your time here helps align our incentives & makes everything so much easier.
Frame.io is backed by Accel, SignalFire, FirstMark, Jared Leto & a host of other phenomenal investors. We've built a highly functional & market-leading product used & loved by companies such as Turner, Disney, NASA, Snapchat, BBC, BuzzFeed, TED, Adobe, Udemy, & many more.
What we think you'll need to be great at this job
- Extensive, solid experience in designing & developing multiple large-scale Web application back-ends.
- Experience in Elixir or a similar functional programming language.
- Experience in MySQL or PostgreSQL outside of an ORM, including the ability to design SQL queries for performance & efficiency.
- Familiarity with common API & services design best practices.
- Deep experience in overall system design & implementation how they scale, how they should fit together, & how theyre likely to break.
- Experience migrating legacy components with little to no downtime.
- Ability to analyze & solve difficult problems across the back-end.
This is what you'll be doing
- Write solid & scalable code.
- Doing regular code reviews.
- Building new features & services in Elixir.
- Providing technical leadership to junior engineers.
- Competitive salary & equity
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- OneMedical membership
- Daily catered lunch & fully stocked kitchen with cold brew on tap
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Volunteering paid time off
- Work From Anywhere Week
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Discounted gym membership
- Classpass discount
- Free Citi-Bike membership
- Flexible Spending Account
- Influence in a small, fast-paced team
At Frame.io, we believe that learning from different backgrounds & perspectives will allow us to elevate each other & help us build a better product for our users.
We are proud to be committed to equal employment opportunity, regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.