Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the team:
The Influencer Marketing team is responsible for Rent the Runways paid influencer strategy & growing brand ambassador program, which both serve the dual purpose of being a key customer acquisition & storytelling channel for the brand. The mission of our team is to harness & ignite the organic virality of the brand. We work to reach & convert our target audience at scale by identifying influencers/ambassadors, activating our community, amplifying our brand story, & empowering new customers to experience the magic of RTR. Our team sits within the Revenue organization, within Growth Marketing, & closely collaborates with the Brand & Content Strategy, Creative, & Communications teams.
About the job:
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Influencer Marketing to oversee the strategy, results, & talented team responsible for paid influencer & ambassador marketing. In 2021, you will have the opportunity to re-architect & rebuild the programs, timed with our brands reemergence from the COVID crisis. This role is truly 50% analytical & 50% creative. Our ideal candidate is a brand storyteller, culture maven, & community builder while also being laser-focused on customer acquisition, comfortable with analysis & digging deep into data, & excited to find different growth levers to scale the channel efficiently. This role reports into the Sr. Director of Growth Marketing.
What youll do:
- Develop & execute a robust paid influencer strategy to drive new customer acquisition & brand awareness, achieving an efficient CAC & amplifying key brand messaging & moments.
- Oversee outreach to & management of influencers (or brand partners) including contracts, deliverables, & overall thoughtful social media program management
- Reverse engineer virality by originating influencer campaign concepts that earn shares beyond the paid spend
- Build the strategy & programming for Rent The Runways Ambassador program to become a powerful & efficient acquisition channel, understanding the right mix of paid vs. non-paid to drive both scale & efficient CAC
- Implement a robust Test & Learn strategy to understand incentive & reward models, content creation & distribution models, & business strategy
- Develop operational plan to source thousands of new Ambassadors, growing the community nationally & engaging micro-communities across key markets, interests, & life stages
- Build the overarching program infrastructure, including program brand identity & messaging, rules of engagement, toolkits, etc.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to integrate community features into Product roadmaps
- Build VIP Community Management that maintains relationships & communicates with our Ambassador network at scale
- Manage & mentor a high performing individuals to achieve your teams goals
- You have a bachelors degree, plus 6+ years of relevant marketing experience & experience managing high-performing teams.
- You have demonstrated success in building & growing successful influencer marketing programs with efficient CAC.
- You are fearlessly creative. You are known as a problem solver. Faced with a seemingly impossible task, youre known for coming up with radical, creative ideas for hitting your goals. Youre creative in the way you look at data, in the way you apply it tactically, & how you think about our long-term strategic vision.
- You are a brand & culture maven. You have your hand on the pulse of current & emerging social & digital trends. You are aware of the fashion, art, cultural zeitgeist, & the always changing influencer landscape. You have great taste & can quickly gauge the value of content, interactions, & creators. You are easily able to identify creators for the brand through a lens of inclusivity & diversity.
- Youre empathetic & a community builder. You are a true consumer advocate. You are naturally curious to deeply understand customers & what makes them tick. You are passionate & knowledgeable about how to build & nurture strong communities.
- You are growth-oriented & analytical. You love digging into the data to draw out key insights. You are skilled at leveraging data to tell impactful stories, make decisions & align executive stakeholders around your vision. You are comfortable with modeling & obsess over efficiency, CAC & LTV.
- You think strategically & tactically. You set broader strategic goals, & are able to break down the tactical execution & steps that need to be taken in order to achieve your goals. You get it done & have fun while doing it. Youre resourceful you know how to take a small budget & make it go far
- You are a self-starter. You feel ownership over your domain. You are able to set a vision & drive your process forward; you push the envelope to bring new ideas to life & challenge the status quo. You can build strategy & execute soup-to-nuts. No job is too small or too big.
- You are a cross-functional collaborator. You work across teams seamlessly. You know how to rally people around a vision to get things done. Your colleagues love working with you -- you have an innate ability to move projects forward quickly, stay on top of details, & make people (at all levels) feel valued, respected & heard.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Flexibility Policy - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.