Away is seeking a Senior Associate, Analytics to join our Analytics & Data Science team. In this role, you will be responsible for data maintenance & proactive analysis related to Aways many brand marketing, supply chain, & retail teams. The right candidate is excited to join a fast-paced, data-driven team & become a key contributor to business strategy decisions.
This position is based out of our headquarters in SoHo, New York City & sits on our Analytics & Data Science team.
What you'll do:
- Provide analytics & reporting support to other departments, including but not limited to: Content Marketing, International, Media, PR, Digital Product, & Operations
- Become the go-to resource for our intra-company teams for both day-to-day assistance & longer-term strategic analyses
- Work with key stakeholders to transform business needs into powerful data models, visualizations & reporting that drive business decisions
- Implement new infrastructures & systems in order to better organize & quantify the awareness, consideration, conversion, & loyalty efforts of our marketing & web teams
- Act as a quantitative liaison to our intra-company teams, distilling data-driven analysis into insights that the teams are able to directly action on in order to improve the return on their daily efforts
- Help develop & maintain our business intelligence tool (Looker) to make data accessible to all teams across the company
- Work on ad-hoc analytics projects that span cross-functionally & involve intensive data manipulation & modeling
Who you are:
- You have 1-3 years professional experience in a highly analytical role such as management consulting, corporate strategy, business intelligence/analytics, or investment banking
- You have an understanding & strong interest in all aspects of a direct-to-consumer business, including brand marketing, supply chain, & retention efforts
- You have experience turning abstract problems into actionable solutions & enjoy implementing new data-driven decision making process
- You are intellectually curious & seek to proactively identify areas of analysis that have potential to add meaningful business value
- You have strong Excel modeling skills
- Experience with SQL strongly preferred, but not required
- Experience in Looker, Tableau, or other business intelligence tools preferred but not required
- Bonus points for experience with a scripting language (Python, R)
- You can easily communicate technical concepts to a wide variety of audiences - from engineers to business stakeholders
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- You love to travel (but thats a given)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup. We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, were expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness & lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US & abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? Were hiring!