At Squarespace, we make beautiful tools to help people with creative ideas succeed. UX Researchers work closely with product owners across our product lineup to drive the direction & impact of research - staying involved with the product teams & training their colleagues as needed to maximize their ability to understand & act upon customer needs.
We are seeking a UX Researcher passionate about understanding user behaviors, needs, & motivations by leveraging various research techniques to highlight the customer across the organization. In this role, youll study our user base of approximately two million entrepreneurs, artists, & creative professionals, who inspire us every day. You will primarily work alongside a Senior UX Researcher or Lead UX Researcher for day to day guidance.
Our research is primarily qualitative in nature, but we always appreciate expanding our toolkit with quantitative skills!
- Partner with a Senior Researcher or Lead Researcher around a major area of the business to collaborate on opportunities, execute prioritized briefs, & ensure that the products we ship drive meaningful value to both the user & the business
- Support high impact user research ranging in scale from feature releases to concept explorations & execute iterative usability/concept testing
- Learn how to build, grow, & nurture partnerships with product managers, designers, data scientists, & engineers from the Leads on the team
- Be an advocate for research within the organization & find compelling ways to illustrate your research findings through storytelling
- Conduct iterative research & communicate findings in a systematic way to stakeholders
- ~2 years of UX Research work experience. Previous education & training taken into consideration
- Broad understanding of UX/Design Research methods (with a solid handle on usability & concept testing), & a keen understanding of when & how to apply different methods
- Comfortable presenting to groups, creating compelling stories from user data, & building strong relationships across interdisciplinary stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to identify, ask & answer questions that inspire product change
- Ability to work through ambiguity with their stakeholders & working alongside a team of UX Researchers in a collaborative manner
- Basic familiarity with analytics & quantitative research is a plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.