Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring an Associate Security Product Manager to join our Security team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
Taking care of our members includes securing their data. The mission of the Security Team is to protect the data our customers have entrusted to us, & make it possible for Oscar management to make informed, risk-calibrated decisions.
The Oscar Security Team seeks a Security Product Manager who will help us grow a world-class security program, focused on changing healthcare to our Members benefit. In this role you will drive the Security Teams prioritized efforts in building new applications, ensuring security, compliance, & stability across Oscars services. Youll work with teams across the organization to help them coordinate, develop, & launch some of the most challenging projects at Oscar.
- Strategy Development: Identify & prioritize the most critical needs of the organization that should be addressed through security development or platform acquisition.
- Process Development: Drive the design, coordination, & implementation of critical team & organizational processes.
- Roadmapping: Work with members of the Security Team to create project roadmaps that focus work on the highest priority objectives.
- Project Coordination: Obtain, communicate, & manage commitments needed to execute security efforts effectively across multiple teams.
- Program Management: Overseeing, tracking, & providing metrics across multiple workstreams to keep the team & its members moving in the right direction & on schedule.
- Stakeholder Relations: Develop a deep understanding of stakeholder needs, facilitate communication such that stakeholder understand their relative priority & what they can expect from the Security Team.
Example projects include:
- Identity & Access Management implement a more robust Access Management solution for finer grained access control that is highly flexible, scalable, & auditable.
- Network Infrastructure Overhaul revamp & harden our existing on-prem & cloud network architectures.
- Standardizing Logging Company-Wide move Oscar toward a standardized & centralized approach to event logging across our applications & infrastructure.
- Cross departmental business initiatives such as those involving complex data mapping, privacy assessment, & engineering solutions.
- A minimum of two years of product management, security, or engineering experience.
- The users youve worked with in the past are of a highly technical background (e.g. security engineers, software scientists, product managers).
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.