ExecOnline is a fast-growing, venture-backed ed-tech firm reinventing how the worlds greatest companies develop their next generation of leaders. ExecOnline partners with elite business schools & their award-winning faculty to develop leaders at every level of our customers organizations through our online & mobile programs & experiences. We are expanding our technology investments & seeking an experienced Technical Product Manager to join us. Reporting to the VP of Technical Product Management on the Technology team, you will bridge the technical & business worlds as you design services that our customers love.
The Technical Product Management team & Chief Technology Officer work remotely due to COVID-19 but may be allowed to return to the ExecOnline office in New York, NY, conveniently near Pennsylvania Station at some point in the future.
- Eager to understand & delight users of our platforms
- Adept at parsing & meeting challenges & opportunities through iteration
- Inquisitive & inclined to value evidence & challenge assumptions
- A careful listener & observer & Innately open to other perspectives
- Flexible & nimble when solving problems
- Able & happy to pursue multiple missions in parallel
- Comfortable taking intelligent risks
- Adept at balancing customer perspective, business needs & technology innovation
- Excited to promote benefits of products offered whenever the opportunity arises
In this role, you will:
- Discover, explore & articulate the user perspective on challenges & opportunities they have in developing future-ready leaders at scale & across levels
- Seek evidence that clearly demonstrates the value or benefit to users or directly to our business in pursuing solutions to any of these challenges.
- Use the voice & language of the user to articulate & illustrate initiatives to pursue approved & prioritized solutions
- Closely collaborate with our user experience lead & contributors to offer, test & adapt visions of solutions to challenges & opportunities identified.
- Observe & apply rules & best practices to secure & protect users personal information in procedures & design
- Anticipate & drive for solutions that are not only accessible but also inclusive
- Monitor progress of your epics & stories across multiple initiatives & quick-wins through development & testing, in order to forecast & prepare for their release
- Proactively adapt & groom backlog in response to changes in priorities signaled by leadership or news received from the front line, and/or early delivery or delays in current commitments.
- Communicate intentions & scope of planned pursuits to our technology colleagues, contributors, stakeholders & leadership & share progress & adjustments to scope regularly to prevent surprises
- Prepare & offer demonstrations of significant or complex epics & stories to stakeholders, colleagues working closely with users or directly to users when possible to gather impressions & build excitement
- Gather evidence or findings regarding the adoption, engagement, impediments or successes directly from customers & our colleagues working daily with customers & users
- Analyze user behavior & choices from website analytics, proprietary reporting & to identify opportunities to increase benefits of our platforms & measure success of specific test or capabilities against expectations
- Follow & share news from or about partners, competitors & peers in the EdTech & Professional/Leadership Development environments & incorporate that understanding into your vision & plans
What positions you for success:
- 2+ years of experience in a product management role offering technology to deliver value to customers
- Working knowledge of SaaS technical vocabulary & tasks (e.g., configuration, integration, etc.)
- Ability to contribute & respond to a fast-paced, agile practice as a member of a distributed team
- Experience in & enthusiasm for operating in an environment with continuous development & release
- Experience in Edtech industry and/or B2B web & mobile-based products is a plus
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Innate attention to detail
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong analytical skills & business acumen
What youll get:
- 20 days paid vacation, increasing to 25 days with 3 years tenure
- Stock options
- Participation in our ExecOnline programs & access to curated development courses in our Learning & Development Program
- Highly subsidized health insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits & other perks
- Access to our full suite of learning experiences, including certification programs from our renowned school partners.