ACV Auctions launched into the auto re-marketing world in 2015 & has been revolutionizing the auction world ever since. The team has been growing exponentially & experiencing unprecedented success as we continue to gain market share across the country. The company has secured considerable investment from some of the worlds top investors. ACV is the leader re-inventing the way the automotive industry buys & sells used vehicles. Our employees benefit from an entrepreneurial environment where hard work is recognized & rewarded. As part of the ACV family, youll have an impact on the companys results from day one & can grow as ACV Auctions does.
What you will do
The Area Vice President (AVP) East is in charge of overseeing all sales activities & sales processes for ACV in the Eastern United States. The AVP East will report directly to the Sr. Vice President of Sales.
Reporting directly to the AVP East will be a team of Regional Sales Directors (RSD). Each RSD has a team of Territory Managers (TM) they are responsible for. Each Territory Manager (TM) manages a specific area or territory, for example, Buffalo or Northern NJ along with Vehicle Condition Inspectors.
The Area Vice President (AVP) East is responsible for leadership, management, & development of the overall field team across the east coast. The AVP East is responsible to ensure the Regional Sales Directors accomplish their sales goals.
This role requires a deep knowledge of the entire Eastern US automotive marketplace & the customers within so as to develop strategic sales plans designed to exceed the defined organizational goals & sales targets set by the Executive Leadership team. Having a large network of personal relationships with dealership groups across the East Coast is required.
Previous experience as a Regional Vice President or National Vice President of Sales is preferred but not mandatory. 80% travel to all the Territories across the East Coast is a requirement.
What you will need
- The AVP East must possess a passionate & positive leadership skills that motivate our ACV sales professionals daily resulting in increased sales & brand loyalty within the ACV team as well as our customer base.
- Strive to ensure a positive work culture exists within the East field team & that each field team member is empowered to represent ACV in that way.
- Must be able to work in an extremely fast-paced & ever-changing environment & have excellent multitasking skills.
- Must be an organized individual that pays close attention to detail & have strong interpersonal skills to tackle sales obstacles with innovative solutions.
- Perform efficiently on their own with minimal supervision to maximize each minute of the day to positively affect the success of the EastArea.
- Direct & clear communication, with the East field team is an absolute must to ensure there is no ambiguity in the workplace.
- Understand all facets of ACVs business so as to effectively manage a diverse & multi-disciplined team of professionals.
- Continually evaluate ACVs internal sales reports to quickly identify lapses or negative trends in each Territory & develop, deliver, & implement a corrective action plan with the RSD. It is your responsibility, along with your RSD team, to not allow a territory to fail.
- Creativity is a must, allowing you & your team to continually think outside the box & create ever changing programs that positively affect the company, your field team, & our customers.
- Responsible for succession planning with ACV Talent Partner to identify high potential employees, promote internal career growth, & to ensure key roles within the AVP's structure are filled quickly with top talent.
- Continuously work with subordinates to coach & develop them to meet/exceed company standards.
- Integrate ongoing team training & efficient sales programs into company practice to minimize the use of company resources while maximizing the growth of the business.
- Evaluate the field sales team to ensure they are able to demonstrate the value of ACVs platform & ensure there is an excellent customer experience to increase the possibility of repeat & new business.
- As a senior leader, you will be expected to always act with, & place, the positive reputation of ACV in the forefront of your daily activity with both internal & external contacts.
- Participant in the hiring & training of new team members to ensure we are adding the best of the best to the ACV team.
- Continually coordinate with various teams & stakeholders within ACV as required.
- Utilization of a personal computer will be one of your main tools to track sales progress, utilize tools such as Salesforce to create, deliver & manage detailed sales plans for the East Area.
- As a leader, maintain acute awareness of market & industry trends.
*As part of the interview process it will be required to provide references that will include:
- Sales Directors you managed in the past.
- Dealer Principals & Dealership groups, you have personally worked with
What we will offer
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Upbeat Innovated Culture
- Flexible schedules
- A chance to get in on the ground floor with a startup that is taking off!
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hiring is contingent on a satisfactory background check as permitted by law. Any falsification of your application or any other hiring materials is grounds for rescinding an offer or termination of employment.