Were looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to build & operate software to make Asana secure, scalable & fast. Youll be combining industry best-practices & your innovation with a ground-breaking reactive framework. Youll design software to process, query, search, analyze, & store data for applications that are continually growing in scale. You will work with a world-class team of engineers on deploying & operating existing systems, & building new ones for problems that are unique to our problem space.
The LunaDb team builds & operates Asanas bespoke reactive data server, powering all data loading in our web application & API. We are responsible for a large & constantly evolving distributed system which is key to Asanas availability & performance. Our focus is on building generic frameworks that allow the Asana web application to quickly load new data, as well as automatically send changes to the users who need to see them, for millions of users in 195 countries.
What youll achieve
- Design, build & operate distributed services with high availability at scale
- With the help of tooling & metrics you build, understand the performance & reliability characteristics of the system, & improve them
- Work with other engineers across the company to facilitate them developing & deploying new features without undue risk
- Participate in the on-call rotation, investigate & resolve production problems
- 3+ years experience of full time professional software development experience, or equivalent
- 1+ year working on services or infra
- Are looking for an enviroment where you annd your teammates empower one another to become the best versions of yourselves
- Nice to have:
- Expertise with Kubernetes
- Experience with the JVM, Scala, or other typed languages
Asana is a leading work management platform, helping more than 70,000 organizations & millions of users across 195 countries organize & manage all of their work, including AB-InBev, Airbnb, AllBirds, KLM Air France, Kohls, NASA, Panera, Sephora, Uber, Viessmann Group & Vox Media. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE three years in a row, & one of Glassdoors ands Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, Vancouver, & Reykjavk, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative people to be a part of our inclusive culture & help us achieve our mission.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected & valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities & expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, & veteran statuses, & we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.
If youd like to learn more about what we doand the way we thinkwe recommend these links.