Zola is seeking a smart, organized & process oriented individual to join the Finance Team as an Accounts Payable Supervisor. This role will report into the VP, Controller & work cross functionally with multiple business units. He/she should be a subject matter expert on all Accounts Payable operations, & be excited to oversee internal/external AP teams as well as vendor relations. This role is ideal for someone coming from previous retail or ecommerce experience, & someone who is passionate about driving the right business decisions with data.
- Subject matter expert on Accounts Payable operations. Oversee daily AP operations to ensure efficient workflow, consistency, timely & accurate processing of vendor invoices & employee T&E
- Responsible for full cycle AP: invoice entry, data processing, approval routing, & payments includes both merchandise & opex invoices. Perform inventory reconciliations.
- Manage AP team in New York as well as offshore teams
- Work closely with Merchandising & operations team at Zola & help to manage the vendor relationships
- Collaborate with rest of Finance team to maintain accurate coding on invoices & forecast monthly cash flow
- Process & oversee payments for an international subsidiary
- Manage employee credit cards & T&E approval processes
- Maintain vendor account reconciliations & statement review to actively resolve overdue accounts & act as point of contact for payments & invoicing issues.
- Ensure all vendor & staff interactions are handled professionally, timely, & consistent with company policies & procedures.
- Prepare annual 1099 filings.
- Identify & implement improved processes and/or systems to streamline AP
- Assist in special projects as needed
- 3-5 years experience in a supervisory role, & at least 2 years experience in Accounts Payables. Experience in retail or ecommerce preferred
- Ability to multi-task & consistently meet critical deadlines
- Highest level of integrity
- Highly analytical, organized & reliable
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong excel skills or willingness to learn
- Strong verbal & written communicator & ability to work well cross functionally
- Self-starter & ability to adapt in a fast paced startup environment
- Experience overseeing a team/supervising is a plus
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning & registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples lives even happier. From engagement to wedding & decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools & technology all in the service of love.
Based in NYC & launched in October 2013, we have quickly become the fastest-growing wedding company in the United States. In 2017 we launched Zola Weddings, a free suite of wedding planning tools including wedding websites, checklist, guest list, & registry, all in one place. We've raised over $140 million in financing, & we're proud to call Thrive Capital, Canvas Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Comcast Ventures, & Goldman Sachs, among others, our investors & partners. Our team brings deep experience from working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites & mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Amazon, Bloomingdales, Gap, J.Crew, Toys R Us, Chloe + Isabel, Yahoo, & Host Committee, among many others.