Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You'rean Individual.We'rethe team for you.Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Lead Systems Architect, you provide strategic architecture leadership to project architects & your product partners on large & complex projects. You understand the business imperatives tied to these strategic projects. You provide technology leadership & are the technical expert on strategic projects, drive the release strategy & guide the delivery of strategic projects aligned to business strategy on innovative payment acceptance, integrated commerce management, powerful risk management & marketing tools. You maintain awareness of dependencies between projects & delivery vision, while ensuring engineering excellence to the five nines. You build the strategy for your teams to architect, design & deliver the next wave of enterprise FinTech innovation.
- You'll be responsible for leading critical platform infrastructure engineering efforts in analyzing & translating business information & technical requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines solutions to achieve business objectives
- You'll work with application & infrastructure teams to review or produce optimal, high level designs
- You'll conduct proof-of-concept projects to validate new feature sets & 3rd party technologies
- Youwill analyze the current architecture to identify weaknesses & develop opportunities forcontinuous improvement such as improving business processes, expanding capacity, reducing cost & increasing effectiveness
- Drivethe architecture for key cross team / cross product development projects (via architecture/design documents & developing code key modules).
- Provideleadership across the architecture community to ensure solutions are built in alignment with platform principles & standards.
- Apply architecture best practices that helps increase execution velocity.
- Developarchitecturesthat are inherently secure, robust, scalable, modular, API-centric & global.
- Influences technology selection for the enterprise.
- Defines deployment topology by working with peers across the technology organization.
- Demonstrates thought leadership through presentations & teaching across Visa.
Because you already have the ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems you will also:
- Document all solution architecture design & analysis work
- Interface with internal IT management leadership, technical leadership & external requestors as a strategic value-add point to improve IT for completeness, consistency, availability, satisfaction, & to deliver quality services
- Lead & establish system requirements, designs/architecture & manage critical infrastructure deliverables while driving Technology Standards
- Utilize data-driven approaches & methodologies to reduce IT process gaps & enhance process effectiveness through automation
- Monitor the processes, policies, procedures & standards applicability, effectiveness & efficiency
- Ability to review complex processes, manage customer service & provide regular technical reports both verbal & statistical showing status of ongoing projects & goals.
- Lead Continuous Availability programs & initiativesfor specific platforms to strengthen resiliency & recovery capabilities to 5'9s
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, Science, Math
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in architecture & development, 5 years with experience in building data driven frameworks & solutions
- Possesses a deep understanding of Data Science, AI, Big Data, Container frameworks as well as variousintegration patterns enabling them
- Proven knowledge of successful design, architecture & development using Hadoop with large data volumes
- Possesses a deep understanding of benefits/drawbacks of different integration patterns
- Continuous delivery & Dev Ops experience - infrastructure automation, monitoring, logging, auditing & security implementation & practices
- A minimum of 2 years experience with Hadoop/Data Science/Data Modeling/GPU based workloads/Containersand related technologies is required
- A minimum of 3 years experience with RDBMS development (Oracle, DB2, etc.) is required
- Knowledge of NoSQL stores (e.g. HBASE & Cassandra) technologies is a plus
- Prior knowledge & experience working with Merchant data/information is a plus
Deep technical understanding of distributed services
Ability to provide technical leadership & consultation to resources at both peer & junior levels
Ability to deliver creative & innovative solutions to requirements & constraints for multiple initiatives in parallel while working in a complex & fast-moving environment
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.