The Mozilla Foundation is a nonprofit public benefit organization. Our mission is to ensure that the Internet is a global public resource, open & accessible to all. Join us & become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation, & opportunity online!
Twenty years ago, this meant building a browser & protecting the open web. Today, it also includes making sure AI & data driven technology is more trustworthy. In order to focus on places where Mozilla can impact the next era of our work, we are increasingly working on the topic of trustworthy AI. For us, this means especially two things: human agency is a core part of how AI is built & coordinated, & corporate accountability is real & implemented.
The Mozilla Foundation is seeking a Grants & Operations Coordinator to support the Foundations grant making, contracts management, expense management, & other operational processes. This role will be operating in the Finance & Operations team & collaborating with the Grants Manager - Outgoing.
As the Grants & Operations Coordinator at Mozilla, you will
Implement the day-to-day operations of the Mozilla Foundations outgoing grant making processes. These responsibilities include:
- Process outgoing award & fellowship agreements through the lifecycle of the award/fellowship process, including template population & application routing through each stage of the process
- Respond to applicant inquiries & supervise the status of awards & fellowship agreements & payments
- Assist with due diligence & compliance processes, including document & information gathering, coordinating & performing reviews, & identifying areas of concern
- Capture, enter or provide information as needed for grant management & CRM systems
Serve as the grants management system administrator (along with the Grants Manager - Outgoing):
- Work with the Fellowship & Awards Program Officers to maintain the integrity of data in Fluxx
- Provide technical support to staff & grantees who are using Fluxx
- Build customized reports for internal & external partners using datasets from Fluxx
- Update Fluxx forms & workflows as needed for Mozillas grant programs
- Update Fluxx instructional manuals for staff
- Stay up-to-date on Fluxx updates & upgrades, solve & testing implications for our Fluxx instance & integrating new features as needed
Support the Contracts Management function:
- Send agreements (including vendor, independent contractor, stipends, NDAs) for signature via DocuSign; follow-up on outstanding agreements as needed; respond to inquiries on agreement status
- Process completed agreements through internal systems
- Update & maintain completed agreement information in Contract Tracker
- Assist the Contract Manager with completing templates for initial drafts of independent contractor or other agreements
Support the Senior Finance Analyst with expense management:
- Perform weekly review & coding of invoice & reimbursement payments
- Perform monthly review & coding of credit card statements & receipts
Provide operational support, including:
- Assist with annual U.S. state charity registrations
- Support the Grants Manager - Incoming with reporting & documentation for incoming grants when capacity allows
- Review & answer emails to the grants management mailbox
Your Professional Profile:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience related to grants management; experience with outgoing grant processes preferred.
- Experience with grants management systems & platforms. Experience with Fluxx is a plus.
- Customer service & problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, & ability to balance competing priorities.
- Ability to cooperate & work collaboratively toward solutions.
- Ability to communicate optimally with diverse partners, internally & externally.
- Dedication to service & support for our team members; timely response to requests & follow-up as needed.
Salary & Benefits Information:
The Mozilla Foundation is dedicated to fair & equitable compensation for our staff. We aim to pay a competitive & market-based salary that takes into consideration the responsibilities & requirements of the role. We aim to offer at the midpoint of our salary ranges for the purposes of increasing inclusivity & fairness of our offer process & ensuring internal equity. We do not ask for, or take into account, salary histories in our offer process.
The base salary ranges, along with mid-point, for this role in each of the key countries in which we employ staff is listed below. We target the 75th percentile of market pay as a salary band midpoint for all levels, with 10% either side of the midpoint to create a salary range.
- Germany: 59,888 - 73,197 (mid-point: 66,542)
- UK: 35,846 - 43,812 (mid-point: 39,892)
- Canada: $69,372 - $84,788 (mid-point: $77,080)
- US: $59,888 - $73,197 (mid-point: $66,542)
Depending on the successful candidates location, we may also add in a geographic differential to this base salary that accounts for local job market weighting. This differential is applied to the above ranges depending on the successful candidates location. Below are some of the common cities in which we hire staff along with representative examples of salary ranges, along with mid-point, with the geographical differential applied:
- Inner London: (mid-point:43,413)
- Toronto: (mid-point: $83,169)
- New York: (mid-point: $73,729)
The range for your specific location will be discussed in screening conversations if your application is successful.
We offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance + Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Short-Term Disability & Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Retirement Plan contributions
- 20 Paid Time Off days per year (prorated) + your birthday
- Company Holidays + Shutdown
- Wellness budget
- Professional Development budget
- Top up program for Maternity & Parental leaves
Benefits are subject to change at any time at the discretion of Mozilla Foundation.
Mozilla Foundation Hiring Practices:
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices & forms of knowledge are crucial to & enrich the companys core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized & Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, & persons of all sexual orientations & gender identities & expressions.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, & to receive other benefits & privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at firstname.lastname@example.org.