Common is the nations leading residential brand offering convenience & community through coliving & traditional apartments. Our signature approach to end-to-end property management & technology offerings allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across 27 buildings, 6 cities, & over 800 members. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free & all-inclusive living environment, & for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes in New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland, Seattle, & Washington, D.C. & receive over 3,000 new member applications per week.
Its an exciting time to be part of Commons team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, & so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, & embrace a whatever it takes mentality to ensure our work is done & done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder Brad Hargreaves & has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
About the Role
We are looking for an IT Administrator reporting to our Senior Director of People Operations who will manage our internal IT needs. This is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing company & be an integral part of building systems & processes to help us scale.
- Plan, manage & provision all office hardware & software
- Work with People Operations team to onboard & offboard employee devices, programs, & accounts
- Oversee escalation path for all technology issues, being the point of contact for Mac & PC helpdesk support
- Implement a ticketing system & refine our inventory management system
- Troubleshoot hardware issues, including employee requests & office hardware
- Implement & maintain anti-virus, personal firewall, backup, archiving & other IT standards
- Manage A/V equipment & videoconferencing equipment in the corporate office
- Liaise with IT vendors & suppliers
- Work closely with managers to address the technology needs of the business
- Actively seek, design, implement & monitor IT processes to ensure continuous improvement & enhancement of employee experience & operations as we scale
- & other ad hoc projects from time to time
- A minimum of 3+ years experience in an IT capacity
- Strong understanding of WIndows & MacOS operating systems & associated hardware & software
- Scrappy & resourceful problem solver
- A team player with a can-do attitude
- Travel may be required based on business needs
- Emotional Intelligence
- BA/BS Degree