Harrys started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harrys has expanded to Canada & Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo & Cat Person, & made our first brand acquisition with Lum.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, the Harrys team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback.
Harrys is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays & lunch on Thursdays, & fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, & drinks everyday. Cant forget the free products & the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
About the Team
The Growth & Emerging Brand Accounting team at Harrys is a part of Global Finance & responsible for recording transactions, validating completeness & accuracy, recording & presenting actual results of the financials of the company. The team plays a critical role in enabling senior management to make fast, data-driven strategic decisions for the Harrys brands.
About the Role
This is a position on the Growth & Emerging Brand Accounting team which will encompasses the Lume, Mando & Cat Person brands. This position will play a key role in supporting the scale & growth of the business through helping the team build efficiencies into the month-end close process, strengthening controls in key accounting procedures & reporting & presenting on financial data in an impactful way. You will be working directly with the greater North American Accounting team & will regularly engage with teams throughout the company.
What you will accomplish:
- Responsible for daily operational accounting around cash, inventory & accounts payable, to name a few areas of the balance sheet
- Provide support to the Accounting Manager around the reporting of revenue for both the DTC & Mass Retail sales channels
- Complete Month End closing tasks, including performing reconciliations & adjusting journal entries related to cash, accounts payable, inventory, fixed assets & intercompany expenses
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure completeness & accuracy of monthly reporting in their lanes
- Provide month-over-month & year-over-year analysis of month-end balances & results in a thoughtful & meaningful manner, for presentation to finance leadership & the business
- Support in the development, documentation, & improvement of processes & procedures to drive financial discipline across the company
- As needed, support in the completion of ad-hoc requests & special projects
- Provide support to Assistant Controller with annual audit
You might have this background:
- 2+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Audit experience at a top-10 public accounting firm
- CPA or similar track, a plus
- Strong analytical skills & ability to dive deep into solving problems & data inconsistency
- A track record of successful team collaboration
- Advanced Excel skills
- S/4 Hana or similar ERP experience would be awesome
- Exceptional interpersonal & communication skills
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously & ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- You will report to the Assistant Controller, Growth & Emerging Brands
- You will work closely with the full Growth & Emerging Brands Accounting team & Shared Services accounts payable team
- You will communicate regularly with the FP&A, Treasury, Distribution & Supply Chain teams, to name a few
Benefits & perks
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harrys
- Unlimited PTO & flexible working hours
- Wellness & L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL & virtual events including happy hours, team building events, & parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We cant quantify all of the intangible things we think youll love about working at Harrys, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart & humble team youll get to work with, & our supportive & inclusive culture. That said, our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size & industry, & are one part of our total rewards package, which also includes a comprehensive set of benefits & our equity program. The base salary hiring range for this position is $71,200-$97,900, but the final compensation offer will ultimately be based on the candidates location, skill level & experience.