Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence & early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 6,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies & all 29of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
The primary role of a Genomics Specialist is to review Guardant360 reports with physicians & assist with understanding the results. In addition the Genomics Specialist is an adept communicator of the most current education materials supporting the clinical value of Guardant Health's products. These materials include speaker slides, abstracts & publications. The Genomics Specialist will directly educate ordering physicians by reviewing their results & placing these results in context of current research & guidelines.
The Genomics Specialist will be effective at translating data from research study findings & reviewing published articles in the next generation sequencing (NGS) arena. The Genomics Specialist does not make recommendations regarding clinical care decisions, but is facile with genomics-directed matched therapies & clinical trials. The role of the Genomics Specialist position also involves supporting education & training of the sales & customer service teams.
- Introduce new physician utilizers of NGS testing to interpretation of reports by case reviews.
- Answer phone & email questions from physicians about the testing supported by the scientific literature.
- Critically review & develop educational materials for sales & customer service teams, & hold periodic trainings.
- Facilitate case conference discussion & journal club for the education of the company medical teams.
- Assist Managed Care in mobilizing physician & KOL calls & letters to payers/insurers in targeted campaigns.
- Synopsize & educate key personnel regarding emerging abstracts & publications relevant to molecular testing.
- Function as a clinical resource to the Sales & Marketing team with participation in medical updates, scientific presentations, journal clubs, teleconferences, & meetings as requested.
- Provide input based on new study findings & publications into sales & customer service training, & marketing collaterals.
- Represent medical affairs to provide input on cross-functional projects requiring genomic specialist involvement
- Clinical expertise or related experience in cancer is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of healthcare experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- Prior experience as medical support in the introduction of a novel new clinical product is highly desired.
- Applies advanced knowledge of the biotechnology, diagnostics & pharmaceuticalindustry.
- Ability to apply advanced knowledge of company product specifications.
- Excellent phone & email communication skills
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Intermediate-to-advanced knowledge of the following computer software programs: Microsoft Office: Powerpoint, Excel, & Word
- Ability to work independently & remotely while maintaining a strong teamwork ethic.
- Self-directed, intrinsically motivated, flexible to changes in an ever changing dynamic environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills, good attention to detail, time management skills & personal initiative.
- Exceptional human relations skills to coordinate the accomplishment of tasks through other people.
- Highly developed written skills, the ability to produce documents for dissemination both inside & outside the organization for presentations, technical briefs & scientific publications.
- Excellent proofreading skills, with the ability to proof for proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, & formatting of documents.
Master's degree or higher preferred in the health sciences.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health & how it is used, please review ourPrivacy Notice for Job Applicants.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.