Moda Operandi is the global destination for luxury fashion, providing bespoke access, brand discovery, & unparalleled curation. At Moda you will have the unique opportunity to innovate, inspire others, & engage with fashion at the highest level.
We are looking for a Senior Data Warehouse Engineer who will provides business analysts, data scientists & reporting & analysis tools with timely & accurate data. Moda Operandi amasses a high volume of structured & unstructured data in multiple production systems. In this role, youll take ownership of bringing that data together in a data warehouse to enable reporting & analysis activities. In addition, youll assist the Data Science team in accessing & making sense of data in its raw form. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders & functional teams.
- Hands on support of current ETL processes, share responsibilities for monitoring the data warehouse loading process
- The candidate will manage & enhance the data warehousing environment & to take it through the future iterations
- Establish the long-term strategy & technical architecture for the data warehouse
- Define & implement technical requirements, technical & data architectures for the data warehouse
- Design & manage the ETL process, including data quality & testing
- Design & manage the information access & delivery effort for the data warehouse
- Define & manage the implementation of security requirements for the data warehouse
- Define & implement production release requirements & sustainment architecture
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality technical documentation
- Experience with open source columnar clustered database such as Redshift or BigQuery
- Experience w/ one or more of the following relational databases: MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server
- Experience with one or more Business Intelligence tools like: Tableau, Jasper, Pentaho, Google Cloud Studio
- Bachelor degree in such fields as information systems, computer science, mathematics & statistics.
- 3+ years of work experience in as a lead architect in Data warehouse design & development
- Statistical background a plus
- Experience with Python, Java, or C++ a plus
- Experience w/ clickstream analysis
- Experience w/ Hadoop & related technologies such as Hive, PIG, Hue
- Experience w/ Amazon Web Services technologies like S3, SQS, EMR, SimpleDB, etc
- Experience w/ very large data volumes (millions of daily events)