Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities & public spaces, with products that bridge the digital & physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information & content to enrich our everyday journeys & elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, & maintain unique products & experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, & consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting & travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents & visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods & districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the role?
As a Technical Services Engineer, you will be part of the first line of support for seven hundred employees across the country focused mainly on our NYC Office located at 10 Hudson Yards.. You will assist your colleagues & troubleshoot issues from our office, log tickets in our ticketing system, escalate issues needing higher-level attention & contribute to the success of ongoing internal projects. We are looking for empathetic engineers who enjoy taking on new challenges & working collaboratively.
Within your first month:
- Get to know the team
- Understand the end users technology & support needs
- Work to get access to all key systems & tools used by the Technical Services team
- Spend the first two weeks partnering with senior members of the team to assist in the resolution of tickets.
- By the 3rd & 4th week resolve tickets through ZenDesk individually using team members & existing documentation as resources
- Highlight & make note of any opportunities to improve onboarding processes & improve on documentation/troubleshooting guides
Within your first year:
- Youll have a solid grasp of all our SaaS services with a special focus on around G-Suite & Okta
- Be able to assist in all Tier 1 & 2 tickets independently & have authored or improved at least 10 knowledgebase or how-to articles
- Meet KPI standards in line & exceeding current expectations across the team for customer satisfaction & ticket handling/closure
- Provide meaningful contributions to improve the technical capabilities of the team by taking ownership, as a primary or secondary resource, to maximize usage of current & newly adopted services & platforms maintained by the team
- Obtain training or certification in key technical areas & support systems in alignment with management
Youre great for this role because:
- You have excellent written & oral communication skills
- Youre quick to learn
- You have a passion for & curiosity about technology
- Youre passionate about providing excellent service
- You have a solid grasp of technical fundamentals
- You have Familiarity with
- Youre an expert troubleshooter
- You take pride in your documentation
- Ability to configure Android & iOS mobile phones
- You have a strong grasp of networking & programming fundamentals
- Youre experienced with Mac OS X Server & Windows Server 2008, 2012
- You have experience managing Windows Active Directory
- You have experience with remote assistance software like LogMeIn & Bomgar
- Youre not afraid of A/V support
- Youre proficient with applications/services like
- Adobe Creative Suite
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.