The Care team is focused on supporting our broad ecosystem of customers, shoppers, retailers, & internal stakeholders through direct support & scalable solutions. We are a service-centric & analytics-driven team that thinks upstream to implement solutions that delight our community, improve performance, & scale through better automation, process & product experience.
The ideal Director, Customer Engagement is a dynamic, strategic & high performing leader who will partner & be the CX evangelist for Instacart & an asset to the appropriate layers of management across the organization to ensure CX is top of mind. The accomplished leader will have demonstrated success in developing & executing strategies to recover customers & protect the Instacart brand with a service recovery strategy for Customer Care. This role works closely with key internal partners across departments to provide & execute on the vision to improve the customer experience providing a Single View of the Customer (SVOC) data & tools to solve customer issues. The successful candidate will have proven success in driving operational efficiencies, have strong analytical, financial & strategic skills as well as the ability to build relationships internal & external to Instacart. Create & execute processes to identify general themes, measure, prioritize actions & improve CX results. Develop & track key metrics to measure customer experience & employee engagement in a meaningful way that connects efforts to revenue performance.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Actively seeks out, supports & drives collaborative thinking & problem-solving skill in driving results, thinking strategically & executing strategy effectively; thinking at an enterprise level; high energy, data driven & focused
- Create & execute project work plans & revise as appropriate to meet changing needs & requirements
- Develop & maintain ongoing customer-facing project status reporting
- Prepare for engagement reviews & quality assurance procedures
- Identify & manage project risk
- Develop leading edge strategies to expand our reach, impact, & quality of customer engagement
- Gain a first-hand understanding of how customers engage with the brand across all touch points & draw conclusions to continually evolve, improve, & optimize customer service
- Outline the service journey to achieve the customer experience vision, including key benchmarks & measures of success
- Establish metrics for defining our relationship with customers & define targets for the organization
- In collaboration with the leadership team, evaluate the existing customer service technology stack to better understand opportunities & risks, introduce relevant & value-add customer engagement functionality, & leverage appropriate emerging innovations as part of the overall customer experience
- Effectively manage KPIs & budget for the department.
- Define the customer experience vision, set & communicate team goals & strategy. Foster a culture of accountability & continuous improvement.
- Guide the culture within Care to ensure customer engagements are true to our beliefs, mission, & values
- Create a nimble organization that responds quickly to our customers needs
- Expertise in customer experience with a proven record of developing customer facing strategies which drive customer satisfaction, tenure & revenue
- 10 years of experience leading customer facing teams in a multi-channel environment
- 10 years of experience building & leading powerful teams
- Demonstrated skill in managing people, high EQ, creativity, & a command presence
- Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job
- A collaborative nature with finesse in developing relationships cross-functionally
- Proven experience delivering measurable improvements to business performance by enhancing
- Experience managing budgets, forecasting, & productivity analysis
- Capable of streamlining & improving processes, & troubleshooting
- Exceptional interpersonal, networking & verbal & written communications skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Must be able to travel extensively both domestically & internationally
- Proficiency in Microsoft & Google Suites
- College degree or MBA preferred, or equivalent experience
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries & one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery & pickup services bring everyday essentials & fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. & Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional & local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluckeveryone brings something new, different & flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive & neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.