Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Mailchimp is seeking a highly experienced Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion to collaborate with leadership across the organization on the successful creation & execution of our company-wide Diversity, Equity & Inclusion programs. As a centralized function reporting to the Vice President of Culture & Inclusion, this role is responsible for defining, driving, & implementing Mailchimps DE&I strategy. This position will work closely & cross-functionally with leadership stakeholders to embed diversity, equity & inclusion into our talent, learning & engagement processes, & operations.
Our leadership team is highly collaborative & supportive of each other, so we are looking for a leader that will excel & thrive in an environment where decisions are made as a group & with candid feedback. The right person is eager to support their peers in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment while always thinking of creative ways to innovate how Mailchimp operates as an organization.
What you'll do here:
- Create a vision & roadmap that fosters change, creates dialogue, & builds excitement about our companys commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Build partnerships, assess needs & work directly with HR, Talent Strategy, Corporate Citizenship, Communications & business leaders to shape, execute, & iterate our D&I strategy & solutions
- Consult with business units to determine needs & provide guidance for the design of diversity based solutions that align with business unit objectives & Mailchimps overall Diversity, Equity & Inclusion strategy.
- Drive internal Diversity, Equity & Inclusion programs, partnering with the Learning & Development team to embed inclusion into existing programs & build a full inclusion curriculum
- Steward Business/Employee Resource Groups & similar networks, ensuring charter, group leadership & support to drive meaningful employee connections & positive business impact
- Drive the metrics, data & trend analytics & create effective dashboards to monitor, track progress & pinpoint areas where focus or action will yield positive progress
- Leverage data to provide insights to HR & business leaders so they can drive impactful Diversity, Equity & Inclusion actions for their business/function
- Partner with the HR team, communications, corporate citizenship, & business leadership to develop, communicate & implement the DE&I strategy aligned with company culture, values & behaviors - leveraging our strengths & addressing gaps
- Build & maintain strong relationships with external stakeholders, community partners & outside organizations to further our diversity efforts
- Keep a strong pulse on industry trends & market news as it relates to best practices & opportunities around Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 10+ years of D&I Strategy, Change Management, People Strategy, and/or progressive HR experience preferably in a high growth, technology environment
- You have 5+ years of proven success designing, implementing, & scaling effective Diversity & Inclusion strategies in a corporate leadership role
- You're a strategic & forward-thinker with strong business acumen & the ability to identify & proactively address impacts & disruptions
- You demonstrate leadership & ability to effectively communicate, guide teams, & influence across boundaries
- You have experience leading large scale change efforts & managing compliance & risk while creating leadership alignment
- You're able to handle sensitive & complex employee relations issues with discretion
- You have strong action planning & implementation experience at scale
- You have the capability to work both strategically & hands-on to deliver results utilizing project program management & leadership skills, C-suite presence & credibility, strong judgement, business instincts to lead major change & transformation initiatives
- You're a strong collaborator & relationship builder
- You are a critical thinker with an analytical mindset
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.
We love our hometown & support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.