Were looking for a high-energy social producer / editor / writer / creator / manager. Youve had a tweet or ten go viral or get stolen by a prominent comedian / writer / thinker. You make GIFs. But most of all, you understand how communities form & evolve on various networks. Youre probably pretty weird. Thats good.
You should have a deep understanding of current, relevant social networks & a keen eye for whats coming next. It helps greatly if you have editorial interests & an obsession with the news. You should be a voracious reader / watcher / user / maker of modern media.
You will report to & work closely with an audience development manager who maintains relationships & partnerships with social network reps.
You must be able to:
- Create, curate, & promote provocative & compelling content across our social media channels
- Work with tech teams & product leads on developing platform-specific social tools / concepts
- Build audience, engage followers, & generate incoming traffic from social channels
- Work closely with editors to plan, implement, & manage schedules for all social media content
- Identify / package compelling visuals to accompany stories
- Collaborate with editorial teams to evolve & guide social media strategy
- Monitor & continuously improve social media reach & engagement metrics
- Test & optimize creative, messaging, target audiences, & placements
- At least 2 years related professional experience, ideally creating content & building audience / engagement for a publisher or media brand
- The ability to execute on big / strange ideas, write brilliant copy, & generate compelling creative in service of our stories
- A mind forever voyaging, a great sense of humor, & obscure knowledge of the internet & internet culture
- Experience & proven ability to develop social media content that generates social reach & builds meaningful audience
- A complete & instinctive understanding of social networks, social trends, & how they can be leveraged collectively to drive impact, loyalty, & engagement
- Skills in Google Apps, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, & Keynote (also helpful if youre good with Photoshop / making visual things)
- Ability to learn, utilize, & improve internal systems & processes
- A desire to be involved with entrepreneurial weirdos
Independent Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity & expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status & other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.