Yext is the leading Digital Knowledge Management (DKM) platform. Yext's mission is to give companies control over their brand experiences across the digital universe of maps, apps, search engines, voice assistants, & other intelligent services that drive consumer discovery, decision, & action. Today, thousands of businesses including brands like Taco Bell, Rite Aid, & Steward Health use the Yext Knowledge Engine to manage their digital knowledge in order to boost brand engagement, drive foot traffic, & increase sales.
Yext is seeking aStaff Accountantto join its growing & dynamic accounting team. This is a hands-on position with a mix of accounting & operational duties. This role will be responsible for assisting in the day to day transaction processing & the related accounting, preparing account reconciliations in connection with the close process, & performing financial analysis on an as-needed basis.
- Participate in various revenue related accounting functions to include; preparing reconciliations & roll forwards relating to accounts receivable, allowance for doubtful accounts, & deferred revenue.
- Assist in reconciliations between subledger & G/L.
- Participate in intercompany transactions, ensuring proper recording, reconciliation, & settlement of balances.
- Support & assist with the monthly, quarterly, & annual financial close processes
- Assist in implementing accounting policies & procedures to ensure all financial transactions are executed according to GAAP principles
- Design & implement internal controls
- Work with independent auditors to provide support for audited financial statements
- Manipulate & reconcile large volumes of data in Excel from various internal systems & the general ledger
- Assist in external financial reporting processes
- Provide ad-hoc analysis to the team when requested
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
- 2+ years experience in accounting
- Working understanding of GAAP
- Ability to manipulate & manage large amounts of data
- Ability to identify problems & discrepancies, independently perform research & analysis of causes, & recommend corrective actions
- Collaborative style with the ability to communicate clearly & precisely on technical & operational issues
- Must be detail & results-oriented with an ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced, & constantly evolving environment
- Ability to evaluate priorities & multi-task accordingly while keeping others apprised of status with respect to deadlines
- Excellent written & formal presentation skills
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Excel, Word & Powerpoint
- Big 4 public accounting or public/private company corporate accounting experience; Tech industry experience a plus
- CPA or working towards completing a CPA
Familiarity with Netsuite, Salesforce, or Zuora
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, & excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well & offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, & collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune & Great Place to Work as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Paris, Tyson's Corner, San Francisco, Shanghai, & Tokyo. Learn more about the Yext team & culture on the muse, our website, & our blog.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.