About this Role
Join the Tabletop RPG team at Fandom & work on digital products for the worlds greatest role playing games.
As a senior member of the Quality Engineering team, you will manage the team who ensure our features & projects are of the highest quality & create the best experience for our users. You will participate in planning & technical execution of team goals as well as communication of technical project status with all key stakeholders through sprint retros & company demos.
You & your team will research, implement & manage CI/CD & test automation infrastructure that will empower your Quality Engineers & the software development teams to deliver product features as quickly as possible.
You & your team will drive the Incident Management & Escalation process within Engineering as well as being a key stakeholder in setting quality standards.
This is an offer for those who dont mind working on evenings as we work closely with our team in the US. We will need you everyday till 6pm.
- Planning testing & creating the test cases (manual & automated) for our stack in different platforms: web pages & mobile apps
- Working on testing plans for Fandom products
- Executing test cases & diagnosing results
- Identifying, tracking & communicating defects & risks
- Identifying problems with code & processes, delivering problem resolution & improvements to make sure your team delivers high-quality products
- Giving feedback to your peers, sharing knowledge with others, providing mentorship & advice to other Quality Engineers
- Involved in recruitment process as an interviewer
- Automating integration & acceptance tests using tools like Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins
- Close integration with developers & product managers in different locations
- Demonstrated strong communication & collaboration skills
- At least four years software testing experience with web-based products
- Minimum of three years of web testing automation experience
- Strong experience with both functional & non-functional testing
- Excellent understanding of QA process in Agile environment
- Good with identifying risks & issues early in the development process
- Can pick up new technologies & domain specific knowledge quickly
- Hands-on experience with automated testing frameworks like Selenium or Webdriver.io
- Good understanding of web environment (HTTP protocol, cookies, AJAX)
- Good software development skills for automation e.g. Java/Python or other object oriented language
- Fluent English level & strong communication skills
- Eager to learn, share knowledge, ask questions, take initiative & make improvements & suggestions
- Ability to function in dynamic & changing environment
- Hands on experience working with CI/CD systems like Jenkins
- Experience with monitoring & alerting systems
Bonus Points if You Have...
- Experienced with Python/Java
- Familiar with AWS products such as Lambda, SQS, DynamoDB
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Training based on business needs
- Employee Interest & Hobby Groups supported by the company
- Cafeteria Benefit Program (including private medical care, gym membership, shopping/wellness bonus, etc.)
- Flexible working hours
- A budget for education, training, & conferences
- Open, energetic & fan-focused, international work environment
Fandom is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, Fandom provides a home to explore, contribute to, & celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or whats buzzing in entertainment, Fandom has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge & carefully curated & fun, original multi-platform content.
Fandom has a global audience of almost 300 million monthly unique users & encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video. Here are our Fandom values:
- We serve a global community.
Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & its grounded by our active efforts of inclusion.
- We build experiences.
We imagine, improve, & deliver solutions.
- We bring joy.
We celebrate our fandoms, our teammates, & the work we do.
Fandom is an Equal Opportunity Employer