Galileo is building the future of healthcare - today. Using innovative mobile technology & human-centered design, were looking to improve the quality & affordability of medical care for all -- including those with Medicare & Medicaid.
Based in NYC, our company is founded by a successful entrepreneur (One Medical, Epocrates), led by a top-notch team, & well-funded from some of the best investors in the country. We seek curious, talented, team-oriented individuals with a diverse set of backgrounds who ultimately want to make a difference.
What Youll Do
In close collaboration with our cross-functional development team, Galileos front end engineers create modern web applications that scale medical care & amass clinical intelligence. This is a rare opportunity to work with doctors, designers, & operators to redefine the way patients receive healthcare in America. Specifically, you will:
- Build clinical applications that empower providers to deliver care to patients at the unprecedented scale of modern telemedicine
- Create intelligence platforms that transfer knowledge from seasoned medical experts to an in-house clinical brain & medical constellation
- Maintain internal tools that manage company metrics & user experience
- Create beautiful, reusable components & set best practices for front end engineering
- Be a leader in Galileo engineering, & help define company culture & product direction
Who You Are
You are enthusiastic about mission-driven work & are eager to fix healthcare through developing technology. You have worked on iterative cross-functional product teams before, & enjoy finding optimal solutions that balance usability, extensibility, engineering investment, & business implications. Adapting to new technologies quickly doesnt throw you, & you know how to use the right-sized approach for each problem. A true team player, youre always on the hunt for ways to raise code quality & improve future developer experience. Finally, you hold your work to high standards & dont shy away from owning ambitious projects. You also have the following:
- A solid foundation in frontend engineering & RESTful web services
- Ample experience in both maintaining large web applications & building products from scratch using modern web frameworks.
How We Hire
Galileo is committed to hiring the best talent from a range of backgrounds & experiences, - including but, not limited to - gender, ethnic, political, economic, religious, sexual orientation, & other personality traits. We believe in a strong culture that fosters teamwork, excellence & sound decision-making -- one that is based on mutual respect & trust. We appreciate candidates who are open & honest about what theyre looking for so we can ensure its a fit on both sides.