BuzzFeed is looking for skilled & experienced Directors of Photography to bring their expertise to upcoming branded productions being shot on location in Los Angeles & in NYC. We are looking for one DP in Los Angeles & one DP in NYC.
These are project-based, freelance positions with a project rate of $500/day.
- Work closely with the director to make decisions on visuals & lighting
- Collaborate with director to build shot list
- Work w/ production team to build & test camera & lighting package
- Be willing to & able to setup lights, grip, & perform camera prep duties
- Operate camera & supervise camera crew
- Determine camera settings
- Controlling natural or artificial lighting conditions.
- 3+ years of production experience as a DP working on branded, commercial, or music videos
- Strong technical knowledge of cameras & the film production process
- Experience with lighting techniques & equipment
- Flexible approach & collaborative
- Strong team management and communication skills
- Previous branded digital video experience is ideal
- Photography skills are a plus
- Include a link to your portfolio or provide samples of your work or your reel in your application
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect a supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company, delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, youll work alongside inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, & content that helps connect people all over the world.