The Sales Planner plays an integral role in supporting & enabling the TripAdvisor CPM Media Sales team. This position will offer the right person a great opportunity to work in a team environment & help supporting our growing display media business.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to be part of the online display advertising team at TripAdvisor, the worlds largest travel site that enables travelers to unleash the full potential of every trip. In this role, you get to work with a variety of brands & see how they leverage our platform & solutions to market their products & services, & you get to immerse yourself in the dynamic online display advertising space that offers constant learning opportunities.
Reporting to the Sales Planning Manager, the Sales Planner is responsible for the following critical tasks:
- Provide best in class service & solutions
- Collaborate with Sales & Account Managers to understand their clients objectives & needs in order to develop strategic media plans
- Help to create competitive market materials/pull research decks using Tableau
- Build comprehensive media plans within our order management system, working to reserve & book inventory
- Generate insertion orders & manage final bookings
- Responsible for pre-sale of our Audience Extension deals including forecasting & acting in accordance to pricing guidelines
- With guidance from Account Manager, work in order management system to revise & optimize live campaigns for delivery, performance, & other client objectives.
- Responsible for client monthly Billing Reconciliation in addition to working with the TripAdvisor Accounting Department to resolve billing issues & generate timely invoices.
- Attention to detail & experience managing operational tasks in a digital environment at an agency/client/publisher- or at least 1-2 years experience in digital media
- Logical thinker who can keep up with digital concepts & emerging ad formats
- Excel skills with analytical ability preferred
- Strong attention to details, highly organized
- Open & collaborative nature
- Positive attitude
- Great analytic skills. Excellent problem solver
- Ability to manage & exceed stakeholders expectations.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Comfortable working under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- An abundance of initiative
- Driver of operational efficiency & excellence.
- A strong team player who can support & cover other team members in a proactive manner
- Ability to work to a deadline, prioritizing workloads according to different criteria
- A desire to perform in a fast-paced highly changing marketplace & be driven to meet & exceed the teams expectations/demands
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Flexible & open to change & new information; adapts behavior & work methods accordingly
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths & weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback
- Exhibits integrity though fair & ethical behavior toward others & a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility & commitment
- Treats colleagues & partners with respect: considers & responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, & capabilities of different people
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate & timely manner & acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events & is able to move forwardproductively
- Identifies & analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant & irrelevant information
- Ability to balance time to market with a solution & make the right trade-offs along the way
- Strong analytical skills: understands & utilizes metrics relevant to role
- Clear communication through expression of facts & ideas in a clear, convincing & organized manner
- Good business judgment when making decisions & always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business