Proudly Farmers First!
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation & technology with the value driven mission of Family Farmers around the world?
Farmers Business Network (FBN)!
FBN was created by farmers for farmers & is on a mission to power the prosperity of Family Farmers around the world by leveling the playing field through insights, commerce & community. Our goal is to enable them to make smart business decisions that maximize their farms profit potential for generations to come, helping to ensure the fundamental economic viability & sustainability of family farms & rural communities.
We are a dynamic, & innovative AgTech company that offers competitive compensation & benefits & is backed by top investors including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price & Temasek.
We are looking for a Strategic Planning & Corporate Development to join our fast-growing FBN Direct Global business. This role will be part of the Strategy & Business Operations team, & will drive several critical business operations processes.
This individual will partner with FBN Direct Global leadership as well as functional team leaders to ensure ongoing execution of our business. This person will drive a number of key initiatives & projects - which will include principally our 1. Annual & long-term strategic planning, & 2. Corporate Development efforts. In addition this role will provide mission critical support to other key business leaders, such as our Category Managers & Procurement leadership.
Responsibilities will fall in the following buckets:
Annual & Long-term Strategic Planning
- Partner with VP of Strategy & Business Operations to lead strategic planning on an annual basis
- Build & own financial models for the FBN Direct Global business, influencing & aggregating inputs from 10+ internal business leaders
- Liaise between stakeholders & FBN Direct Global President as well as FBNs CFO to establish our goals
- Drive FBN Direct Globals 5-year financial & strategic plan, which we update on a regular cadence - & interpret that to others across the company
- Work with our Head of Investor Relations & Strategic Finance to ensure timely & accurate reporting on a monthly, quarterly, & annual basis
- Prepare materials for company leadership on a monthly basis, highlighting to senior leadership the businesses success & progress vs. plan & key operational ongoings, among other things
- Diligence - in concert with the FBN Direct leadership team, FBNs Chief Legal Officer, & FBN C-suite, drive diligence of potential investment & acquisition targets
- Evaluating strategic fit, operating capabilities, & product
- Work with target company partners to gather key corporate diligence documents
- Serve as an internal liaison for any potential deal, working with key FBN Direct stakeholders to assess fit & opportunity
- Identify key risks in diligence
- Lead integration efforts for FBN Direct acquisitions, overseeing planning & execution across department & functional heads
- Develop & drive execution of 90 day integration plan - including plans across Accounting/Finance, IT, Sales, & other key areas
- Identify & track key KPIs
- Report to management team & BoD on performance of investment/M&A vs. plan
- Establish PMI playbook that we can use on a repeatable basis
- Sourcing - as a secondary responsibility, work with key aforementioned stakeholders to research & coordinate with relevant external acquisition targets
- Operational partnership with other key FBN Direct functions, such as Category Management, Procurement, Customer Experience, to execute on key projects
- Partnership with IT organization, helping prioritize FBN Direct Global projects, translating needs to the IT organization, & coaching the IT organization through key project execution - especially on topics that relate to strategic planning & Corporate Development
- Support for other key projects overseen by the Strategy & Business Operations team
- Minimum 4 year degree, preferred MBA or MS with a focus in Operations Management
- 3-6 years of experience in strategic planning, corporate development, management consulting, or investment banking
- Passionate about executing on strategic planning exercises
- Demonstrated leadership experience, including cross-discipline collaboration is required
- Expertise in building financial planning models, including forward-looking plans & projections - typically using basic spreadsheet tools such as Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel
- Experience in project management, with an ability to comprehensively manage minute detail while driving to tight timelines - ideally in the Corporate Development setting
- Comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment - working with ambiguity & being hands on
- Ability to lead gatherings of a diverse set of stakeholders, facilitating efficient meetings that drive to desired outcomes
- Proactive problem solver who can identify, without asking, challenges in process that exist
- Highly independent, goal-oriented & solution driven
- Experience working in agriculture - & specifically with FBN Direct Globals set of product offerings (Seed, Crop Protection, Biologicals) is preferred but not required
- Must be able to travel ~10-20% of the time
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We offer a competitive salary plus an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, & dental insurance.
Farmers Business Network is an equal opportunity employer & participates in U.S. Citizenship & Immigrations E-Verify program.