Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Role:
Relevance engineering encompassing personalized recommendations, search ranking, targeted marketing & more enables Rent the Runway to provide a magical experience for our customers & build an efficient business. As the leader of this space, you will partner closely with product, engineering, & other data teams to generate ideas, develop & test algorithms, & ultimately launch products that directly impact the customer experience. You will also grow & mentor a team of machine learning engineers who own the full lifecycle of relevance products, from exploratory analysis & building MVPs through deploying, monitoring, & maintaining production systems.
What Youll Do:
- Lead & grow a team of machine learning engineers, building a core competency in relevance & personalization
- Collaborate closely in an equal partnership with business, product, engineering, & other data leaders to identify & size opportunities in the relevance engineering space, solidifying this as a long-term competitive moat for Rent the Runway
- Provide hands-on technical guidance to challenging data & engineering problems faced by the team on a day-to-day business
- Own the responsibility for the production services that generate personalized recommendations, search ranking, & more
- Work on a team of peers in an environment that will keep you constantly challenged & learning new things every day
- 10+ years work experience building data products & integrating them into internal & customer-facing applications in production environments. Plusses in experience include: built & maintained services using AWS, GCP; deployed & maintained production deep learning models using frameworks such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras in a business environment.
- 5+ years working on recommender systems or other forms of personalized ranking algorithms (e.g. search).
- 3+ years experience managing teams of individual contributors, including hiring, mentoring, & building & executing against clearly-defined roadmaps.
- Current knowledge of best-in-class personalized customer experiences & the technologies that enable them.
- Strong communication & prioritization skills that enable effective partnership with a wide array of stakeholders.
- Desire to drive serious business impact & a bias to action. You like to move fast, you follow through, & youre accountable to the results.
- Owners mindset. No job is too big or too small, & you leave things better than you found them.
- An innate curiosity & an open mind.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Flexibility Policy - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.