Hi, were Oscar.
Were changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service, & healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, & better healthcare.
As a manager on the Operational Compliance team, you will be responsible for ensuring that the Claims & Provider Relations teams are compliant with all federal & state regulatory requirements. Your work will have a direct impact on the success of regulatory compliance for your designated business area, & for Oscar as a whole.
- Draft & update policies & procedures for the Claims & Provider Relations teams.
- Prepare your designated business area for external regulator audits (e.g., CMS program audits, state regulator audits, etc).
- Conduct internal audits of your designated business area
- Communicate with the legal department to understand regulatory requirements.
- Partner with business owners to translate & operationalize regulatory requirements.
- Develop & execute compliance tracking systems.
- Supervise & develop junior team members.
- You have a college degree with 4-5 years of work experience in compliance, or have a JD with 2+ years of post-law school experience. Bonus points if you have claims compliance experience!
- You are collaborative & able to balance & prioritize cross-functional requirements; youre a strong team player & open to giving/receiving constructive feedback.
- You are a critical thinker & can distill complex concepts & regulatory requirements into easy to understand action items.
- You have acute attention to detail & always strive for perfection when writing formal documents.
- You enjoy the problem-solving process & deriving structure & clarity from ambiguous or open-ended inputs.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policyhere.