At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
The Special Projects team at Cloudflare works on a wide range of tactical & strategic projects that are critical to the operations & long term development of Cloudflare. From Cloudflares entry into China through a strategic partnership with one of Chinas largest Internet companies; to conducting strategic acquisitions; managing our partnerships & relationships with the major cloud providers; & finding commercial opportunities for Cloudflares new products & technologies, we are involved at all levels of driving the companys business strategy & development. The Special Projects team works with the executive level & across all teams in the company.
About the Role
We are looking for a talented individual who thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, environment to join our team. Candidates should have excelled in a start-up environment or demonstrated top quartile performance in a management consulting, investment banking or private equity environment (or have bypassed all of those opportunities to do something even more amazing). Were looking for a proactive individual who takes ownership over initiatives & drives execution with limited oversight.
- Developing a deep network in the start-up ecosystem for cloud, security, & network technology & recommending acquisition opportunities to senior management
- Handling & evaluating inbound M&A opportunities
- Execute advanced analytics / modeling (e.g., DCF/NPV, bottoms-up operating models) for acquisitions, new business opportunities & partnership opportunities;
- Recommending new technologies & business areas that we should be organically developing / growing into
- Drive market research & analyses
- Help diligence, negotiate & execute transactions (e.g., partners, M&A)
- Effectively collaborate & communicate results & insights with cross-functional teams
- At least 5-10 years of work experience, including completion of a top-tier investment banking analyst program & subsequent experience at a technology company
- Bachelors degree in a technical or quantitative/business-oriented field or equivalent practical experience. Degree in technical or engineering field is a bonus. MBAs welcome as well.
- Problem-solving & project management skills. Experience executing strategic & operational initiatives.
- Experience developing complex analytical models in spreadsheets & using presentation software to facilitate communication with senior stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills to formulate & articulate contractual, technical, financial & value points with partners & internal Cloudflare teams
- Self-directed & self-motivated; excellent communicator & collaborator
- Ability & eligibility to work full-time
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.